User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Senior Member WobblyStilettos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    331

    Default Should I cut my hair short?

    I'm doing my very best to not be impulsive on deciding this help me make my mind up? Here are some pros and cons:

    Pros
    • I'm pretty sure it would suit me
    • It would be soooo much easier to look after
    • Changing my look like that gives me a real self confidence boost
    • It would be much more interesting than my current hair
    • It would make me look more grown up
    • I could have a completely new look for starting sixth form in september
    • I don't need to worry about it making my hair all flat and lifeless (believe me xD)
    • I could treat myself to an afternoon in the hairdressers getting it cut and coloured
    • I would get lots of pretty little highlights in slightly different colours
    • I would not have to spend hours trying to tame it
    • I would not get it caught on/under anything


    Cons
    • I don't want to be confused for an emo boy
    • If it turns out that it looks awful it will take a long time to grow back
    • It might offend my current hairdresser, whos come round my house to cut various family members hair, if I go somewhere else to get it done (which I would)
    • I wouldn't be able to wear it curly
    • Would be difficult to tie up
    • If it rains and I don't hav anything to hide under I risk being eaten by a sudden attack of frizz
    • Again with the emo boy thing, 'cos that's important xD


    What would you do if you were me? This is the kinda style I'm thinking of, but maybe a little bit longer:
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

  2. #2
    The Destroyer Colors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Do it. Hair grows out.

  3. #3
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    yup, live a little.

    It'll grow back if you don't like it.

    You can't always buy the same thing every time you go to the restaurant, even if you like what you've been getting; take a few risks, if you think they'll pan out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #4
    Senior Member WobblyStilettos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Thanks, I think I will buuuut not until after my prom, 'cos I've already sorted how I want it to look for that
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

  5. #5
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    While you're living a little, try a mohawk. No, seriously. Grown-out mohawks look hot on chicks. I'm only about 4% joking.

  6. #6
    Senior Member WobblyStilettos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    While you're living a little, try a mohawk. No, seriously. Grown-out mohawks look hot on chicks. I'm only about 4% joking.
    The scary thing is you're not the only person to suggest that.
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

  7. #7
    Senior Member Oso Mocoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Pros
    • I'm pretty sure it would suit me
    • It would be soooo much easier to look after
    • Changing my look like that gives me a real self confidence boost
    • It would be much more interesting than my current hair
    • It would make me look more grown up
    • I could have a completely new look for starting sixth form in september
    • I don't need to worry about it making my hair all flat and lifeless (believe me xD)
    • I could treat myself to an afternoon in the hairdressers getting it cut and coloured
    • I would get lots of pretty little highlights in slightly different colours
    • I would not have to spend hours trying to tame it
    • I would not get it caught on/under anything
    You should be a few parts brave, and a few parts self-indulgent, and do this. You clearly want to. And I don't think you have anything to worry about being mistaken for an emo boy.

  8. #8
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    you should do it, its always nice to change things up a bit!
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Sure, why not. However, and take this as you will, I wouldn't wear those overly large sunglasses that seem to be popular with the haircut that you showed. This may be my own shortcoming, but that combination just seems to be really common now, and the all the girls who have it end up looking alike to me. I mean, I literally can't tell them apart unless their hair is colored differently or something equally obvious.

  10. #10
    Senior Member WobblyStilettos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Sure, why not. However, and take this as you will, I wouldn't wear those overly large sunglasses that seem to be popular with the haircut that you showed. This may be my own shortcoming, but that combination just seems to be really common now, and the all the girls who have it end up looking alike to me. I mean, I literally can't tell them apart unless their hair is colored differently or something equally obvious.
    I know exactly what you mean! I have actually tried those sunglasses on before and I just can't get past the feeling of being part human, part bug xD

    Right.. I'm going to do it! It'll be my after exam treat from me to me, but I won't get it done for about a month yet because of my prom it's going to be really hard to wait now xD thanks for all the advice
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Similar Threads

  1. Why is my hair falling out?
    By scantilyclad in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM
  2. what should i do with my hair?
    By INTP in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
  3. Women - how many times a week should you wash your hair?
    By Qre:us in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
  4. [NF] Should I cut my losses and move on?
    By sabastious in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. What should I use my 1000th post on?
    By simulatedworld in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO