User Tag List

First 123 Last

heart on fire

My answer: Deeds are good and bad. People are people.

EDIT: Also there are normal people and psychopaths, especially socialized psychopaths. They confuse the issue. I would hate to use the "bad" to described them, I would just use the word psychopath. People who value power over love and have no sense of shame over wronging others.

INFJ husband's answer: People become bad people only when they deliberately do something bad.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    INFJ husband's answer: People become bad people only when they deliberately do something bad.
    Interestingly, I'd say that's the point you become accountable for what you've done, and can be called a "criminal" or a "sinner," or something like that. So you are guilty of something you should be held accountable for, certainly, but leaping from being guilty of doing evil to actually being evil would be a bit of a stretch.

But for the question of whether you've become a bad person altogether... I'd say that doesn't happen until you do bad things, and reach the point where you're numb and don't regret them anymore. A person who can do bad things without regretting them has truly become evil... at least, to me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    When they no longer believe in themselves.
    So if they believe in themselves and murder people it's all good?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    become a bad person?

When he or she thinks of doing something bad?
    When he or she plans to do something bad?
    When he or she prepares to do something bad?
    When he or she first does something bad?
    When he or she does not feel remorse for doing something bad?
    When he or she continues doing something bad?
    Any of the above?
    Or are there no bad people?

(Just a silly question that popped into my head and I wondered how various types would answer)
    But then, what's "something bad"?

Something considered bad by a society?
    Something considered bad by a legal system?
    Something considered bad by an individual?
    Something considered bad by the person who is performing the action?
    Something considered bad by the mother of the person who is performing the action?
    Something considered bad by you?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    yupp

We all have and will do something bad. So that can't make us bad people. I'm sure everyone plans some prepare, but I don't think you can be a bad person because of those. Like Heart said people are people. Though I might be wary of the person who killed someone and felt no remorse. Remorse for me anyways is self punishing if I do something to hurt someone, then for some reason they do something to hurt me again I'll remember how bad I felt before and less likely to do something to them a second time. If I felt no remorse I would probably being doing a lot of "bad" deeds. I tend to do a better job of beating myself up and punishing me then others.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'd say there's really no such thing as a bad person.

what i mean is, i can't come up with criterion for good and bad that are applicable across the board.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    So if they believe in themselves and murder people it's all good?
    Of course! There comes a time in every otherwise reasonable man's life when the only proper course of action left is to hoist the black flag, and start stabbing motherfuckers. From there, it's only a minor skip and a jump to rampaging through the countryside raping and looting your way through every settlement you come across.

Tell me, you've never been there yourself, Mort? Would society call us evil men? Personally, I'd like to think people would understand. Especially here deep in the arms of the Feeler grouphug.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Do the opposite of what's expected of you and you will be perceived as the opposite. Without outside perception and the consequently arising expectation there can be no dichotomy of any kind, in this case good-evil. The point of the turnover? Depends on the perceiver's threshold, it has nothing to do with you.
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFP

All choices must be tested according to whether or not they are in allignment with the most compassionate possible decision, and if they are not, they are evil. A person is a more difficult matter, because we have all at some point in our lives chosen to act, think or feel in a manner that was not compassionate. We could all be considered evil, although it may be debated that we are only good or evil according to our present behavior, and should say that we "were" evil before and merely continue to carry the stain of that sin. Every moment is an opportunity for renewal if one believes that we may choose again at any time to be as good as we want to be. We have also been offered a remedy to remove the burden of our shame and ease the renewal process, but that, too, is an act of will. Do we willingly accept salvation when it is offered? Acceptance or rejection of Christ then becomes the determining factor, and distinction between being loving or unloving becomes less important than the distinction between being faithful or unfaithful.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to become the villain.