User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Hey, this is supposed to be a serious discussion. No talking about the obvious, or mentioning that this thread will inevitably sputter out.
    Fine, I'll try again.
    They can't say the N word, therefore they must be white.

Ginkgo

(Culturally speaking), Western Authority. Notice how we wait for music to stop playing before clapping, and wait for movies to end before murmuring about them. Even white people from Protestant backgrounds like myself give "The Man" room to say everything he wants before we give him the middle finger. We choose not to interact with frequency during communication, preferring to observe. Our listening processes are more rigid than fluid. Probably some sort of ironic byproduct of the use of the Socratic Method in the Western World.

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I know a guy who is half white, but he won't tell me which half...
    HAHA. You're on a roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzprLDmdRlc
    [YOUTUBE="JzprLDmdRlc"]Key & Peele: Phone Call[/YOUTUBE]

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    (Culturally speaking), Western Authority. Notice how we wait for music to stop playing before clapping, and wait for movies to end before murmuring about them. Even white people from Protestant backgrounds like myself give "The Man" room to say everything he wants before we give him the middle finger. We choose not to interact with frequency during communication, preferring to observe. Our listening processes are more rigid than fluid. Probably some sort of ironic byproduct of the use of the Socratic Method in the Western World.
    Can you really equate whiteness with Western culture? There's the Hispanic world.. and I'm not sure how you classify Italians. I'm really asking here. (I like how this is starting with fluff and people are making it serious).

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    HAHA. You're on a roll.
    Thank you! And thanks for calling me Mr. Hilarious. It's nice to know that you care, even if it's given with a sarcastic, stern edge.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

This reminds me of a put down I heard from my step mom occasionally. "you are acting like your mom" or insert "dad" as a put down sometimes.

OH MY GAWD IM ACTING LIKE MY PARENTS. OH MY GAED MY SKIN IS LIGHT!!!! HOW CRAZY!! OH MY GAWD IM FEMALE, WHAT AN AMAZING PUT DOWN!!

That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Interesting.. I interject often. I have a friend (well him and his brother) who says I'm "overbearing". And he's ETJ.. and I'm the overbearing one apparently. They want people to take turns speaking. They're white. I'm half white. /shrug

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    What makes white people white?
    You'll know it when you see it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post