User Tag List

12 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Lack of social skills thread

Here is the place where you can share your colossal social blunders, or just plain embarrassing moments due to lack of understanding of proper social behavior.

Maybe we can add to each other's a better way of handling the situation for the future. Or just laugh.

I'll start. I'd had a container full of rainwater on the balcony for awhile, and it was starting to get really gross; so today I decided to get around to taking care of it. I poured it off the side- right onto the neighbor below us. Making him angry. I half-heartedly apologized, but he probably hates me now.

I'm thinking a better thing to do would have been to get a smaller container and throw it off the other side in the grass where no one sits.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

All IXTXs report in here, since we are the very worst types at grasping and following societal rituals and have a complete lack of social skills! Of all the types, the one with the very worst social skills is probably INTP followed by ISTP, INTJ, and ISTJ.

I hate how society is dominated by extraverted feeling judging types that condemn all wierdos to a life of endless pain, torment, and suffering. Oh the horror!

MBTI
    yupp

I've committed so many blunders I don't know where to begin. I'm pretty OK socially but I don't have a filter so that gets me in trouble.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

People seem to think that i am very capable socially but i frequently make faux pas.
    I also get that "Eh?!?" look a lot. I don't think i have much social finesse, i find it hard to fit.

If it's a prearranged thing that holds importance to me i'll try pretty hard though.

In one to one situations i can usually get on a level with someone ...it's more group settings or events etc.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm much better than I was when I was young but I still make them. Like being too direct or slicing through small talk. I have pretty good social skills but dislike the amount of energy it takes me to use them. I say I'm socially lazy.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

What prplchknz said
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I seriously suffer from foot in mouth disease, occasionally, though I was worse when I was younger

I remember one time when I was working as a vet's assistant, at the animal hospital. My imfamous INTP moody and paranoid vet that I worked with every day (who btw was hot and not that much older than me ) had outdone himself. Our clinic worked together with a freelance vet who made house calls. I liked this guy, we always joked on the phone, and he gave me the message that he had been to one of the patients homes as the cat was nigh uncatchable due to transportation anxiety. He gave me the info on what he had done and informed me that he had told them how to retrain the cat so they could come back to the clinic next year for the vaccinations. All that needed to be done was to add a notification to their patients file, so that they would receive the vaccination reminder we sent out when it was time. As the vets usually do this themselves, I had no idea how to do that.

So..I go up to my fav INTP vet, tell him I had a call and that the freelance doc had requested to add a reminder.

He goes, while continuing to write: "Why would we waste money on reminding those people who will most certainly be calling him, now that he has stolen our client, mmmhh? He wants us to send them a reminder, which costs *us* money, so he can benefit???"

I lost it. I forgot who I was, who he was, where I was. I was livid. He was *such* an immature brat sometimes. So i screamed at him, at the top of my lungs:" ARE YOU SERIOUS???? This man has just spent half an hour of his own time filling me in on what he has done for the patient, including techniques on how to get this patient BACK to us, and you accuse him of stealing our clients????????? And the ONE thing we have to do is send them a lousy postcard, which costs us almost ziltch??????? Are you really that paranoid and stingy??????"

....well..at least I got him to look up from his paperwork at that point. He went arrogantly:"Do NOT take that tone with ME!"

I stuttered an apology while completely turning bright red and remembering that I was his ehm..assistant. I mumbled something about how I just felt strongly about the fact that we should be grateful towards this man, and I felt he should know what the situation was really like, and that I was sorry about yelling and forgetting myself.

He raised his eyebrows at me, made the change to the patient file and dismissed me back to my desk.

...somehow though, I was the assistant that was capable of handling his moods and paranoia best..and somehow, in his own way, when his snobbish pride allowed it..he granted me favours and made my life easier *lol*

Oh and this wasnt the only incident between us. The man could really just get the blood from under your nails
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I seriously suffer from foot in mouth disease, occasionally, though I was worse when I was younger

I remember one time when I was working as a vet's assistant, at the animal hospital. My imfamous INTP moody and paranoid vet that I worked with every day (who btw was hot and not that much older than me ) had outdone himself. Our clinic worked together with a freelance vet who made house calls. I liked this guy, we always joked on the phone, and he gave me the message that he had been to one of the patients homes as the cat was nigh uncatchable due to transportation anxiety. He gave me the info on what he had done and informed me that he had told them how to retrain the cat so they could come back to the clinic next year for the vaccinations. All that needed to be done was to add a notification to their patients file, so that they would receive the vaccination reminder we sent out when it was time. As the vets usually do this themselves, I had no idea how to do that.

So..I go up to my fav INTP vet, tell him I had a call and that the freelance doc had requested to add a reminder.

He goes, while continuing to write: "Why would we waste money on reminding those people who will most certainly be calling him, now that he has stolen our client, mmmhh? He wants us to send them a reminder, which costs *us* money, so he can benefit???"

I lost it. I forgot who I was, who he was, where I was. I was livid. He was *such* an immature brat sometimes. So i screamed at him, at the top of my longs:" ARE YOU SERIOUS???? This man has just spent half an hour of his own time filling me in on what he has done for the patient, including techniques on how to get this patient BACK to us, and you accuse him of stealing our clients????????? And the ONE thing we have to do is send them a lousy postcard, which costs us almost ziltch??????? Are you really that paranoid and stingy??????"

....well..at least I got him to look up from his paperwork at that point. He went arrogantly:"Do NOT take that tone with ME!"

I stuttered an apology while completely turning bright red and remembering that I was his ehm..assistant. I mumbled something about how I just felt strongly about the fact that we should be grateful towards this man, and I felt he should know what the situation was really like, and that I was sorry about yelling and forgetting myself.

He raised his eyebrows at me, made the change to the patient file and dismissed me back to my desk.

...somehow though, I was the assistant that was capable of handling his moods and paranoia best..and somehow, in his own way, when his snobbish pride allowed it..he granted me favours and made my life easier *lol*

Oh and this wasnt the only incident between us. The man could really just get the blood from under your nails
    Good story. Yeah INTP's can be infuriating, and snobbish, and paranoid. But tend to be distantly benevolent in the end.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I'm much better than I was when I was young but I still make them. Like being too direct or slicing through small talk. I have pretty good social skills but dislike the amount of energy it takes me to use them. I say I'm socially lazy.
    Isn't it annoying how you have to work so hard to interact with some kinds of people without them freaking out? Like handling strong chemicals in a laboratory. Add the acid to the water, wear protective clothing and goggles, go slowly and carefully, make sure you don't blow things up, etc.

MBTI
    INFP

People think I don't have social anxiety because I'm a great performer when in a group.

One on one I literally can't say a thing! I even get nervous when it's just my sister and myself.