User Tag List

First 12345 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I'm not pmsing, but I have been having some mittelschmerz today in my R ovary.

Ye gods and goddesses....I truly, truly hate that! I have suffered from that for years. I finally started taking the mini-pill to suppress ovulation.

I'm in that phase. More quiet, more introspective. Less energy and drive. Moody and a little sensitive as the layers that I normally have around me thin out. It can be a pain to cope with but I've learned it is best to work with the cyclic nature of things than fight it.

I really want something sweet now. I mean really freaking bad.

Edit: @Amargith just scared the bejeezus out of me, too. I was actually considering one of those things because I'm sick of being locked in my house for two days out of the month. I dunno now....

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

[YOUTUBE="7KFo-HZEArA"]I've posted this one before, but it doesn't get old for me.[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="wxsFO6Dl-G8"]Also, why didn't they show us this in school? FFS, it's Walt Disney![/YOUTUBE]
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    OH MY GAWD YOU ARE MAKING WOMEN THINK PMS IS REAL AND/OR MAKING THEM FAKE THEIR SYMPTOMS!!!!!!!!1111

Evil wemons!!@!!
    Ya, really!

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Can anyone else feel it when their ovary is de-egging itself?

What I mean is that I can feel it when the little bubble on my ovary with the egg in it bursts. It hurts like hell. It feels like somebody stuck an icepick in my ovary about 5-10 times. Alternates between ovaries every month just like ovulation.

I figure I've got about 10 more years of this shit before my junk dries up and blows away. Sometimes, I feel like I just can't wait.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INFP

I'm on the depo shot so I don't get it. Not having a period = awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Ok me first!! I'm sooooooo fatigued. Sleeping lots and practically reverse cycling. I thought it was related to my back but it's a PMS symptom. I just want sink into the blankets and die. Metaphorically. Which means have weird dreams.

Sometimes, like today, I feel a sharp pain in one side like I have a kidney stone. It's just the baby maker expressing discontent at something.

Also today I passed a Baskin Robbins and remembered I wanted to dine exclusivelu on ice cream cake for the foreseeable future and pulled into the lot. Then I remembered that I don't actually like ice cream cake from there. Maybe later I will raid the supermarket and by cheap fructose syrup cake and coat it in vanilla ice cream.

Gaining 5 lbs 1x a month for the rest of my reproductive life = this is why we can't have nice things and I will end up wearing muumuus with mismatched flip flops. Oh was I supposed to wash my hair this week?

^^ Full of win.

:yawn:

Also...I feel loopy. No, that's not hormones. That's just me. Wouldnt want to give guys the impression (heaven forbid) that PMS renders us incapable of coherent thought..s...es...

:yawn:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It does. Especially when they forget to tell you you should take a serious painkiller before coming in. Its not uncommon (and I did) to pass out after having it put in. I actually wasn't able to take the tram home, and had to call a taxi. My body was so traumatized, it purged everything that day and I felt it for a week afterwards.
    Jesus H, I am so never doing this!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Lol, hey you are ENTJ, you re supposed to like blunt honesty.

Bottomline: it sucks but its once in 5 years, freeing you from periods for 4 years the first time (takes about a year for your period to fully go, at least in my case). All in all, costs vs benefits= IUD

Edit: I wish **** Mother Nature would provide us with a button we could push for when we feel like getting pregnant instead of having to outsmart her *grmbl*
    I'm with Amar on this.. IUD's rock for birth control. I have the non hormonal Paragard. Copper coating on the device creates an uninhabitable environment for sperm in the uterus. Good for 10yrs. The 1st time I had one installed, the doctor more or less wrenched my cervix open, didn't have me take any medications for it.. I've not had children.. so needless to say that took awhile.. it felt like the most intense menstrual cramps one could imagine, for about 5 or so minutes. It initially rejected a month later, which pissed me off. Actually was trying to eject and stabbed the side of my cervix instead. No permanent damage, I just felt like it was pinching me for a couple days, then I ..checked.. and could feel the plastic tip, & I knew.

Second time around- same type of IUD [i hate the idea of {me} taking hormones, I'm vehemently opposed] - last year.. a new gyn did it.. I took some ibuprofen an hour or so before showing up, and she used multiple small tools, that slowly gauged in size to open the cervix more gently, vs wrenching it open like that other doctor had. It was far less painful. I can;t tell it;s even there. They say the Paragard can make cramps and bleeding worse, but my cramps have diminished almost entirely [they used to be debilitating, dizzy from pain sorta cramps], and the bleed part hasn't changed.. I've always uh, been really light in that dept, anyway.

I've not tested it out with a partner- and don;t forsee doing so anytime soon- but I couldn't pass up 10yrs hormone free birth control while I still had good medical insurance to cover it.

Also, I'm not sure if the IUD affected my cramps, or if my new medication for acne did. I take spironolactone [trade name Aldactone] - it's an aldosterone blocker, which means rather than putting more hormones into your body in a misguided attempt to 'balance' the likely present hormonal imbalance- [as many dr's do with acne- ''oh just go on birth control!!'' Fuck off, I don't want that.. gah], this medicine blocks the present overproduction of a certain androgen [aldosterone] often responsible for oily skin/acne/overactive sebaceous glands. This medication can also help women with PCOS, apparently, and keep new cysts from forming- benign cysts that can create a lot of excessively painful monthly pain.

IUD, or meds, both.. my skin's great, & my cramps are negligible most of the time, now.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I've not tested it out with a partner- and don;t forsee doing so anytime soon
    *sigh*

Shame...

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    *sigh*

Shame...