First 1234 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I'm not pmsing, but I have been having some mittelschmerz today in my R ovary.

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Wait, isn't PMS mostly hype? Is this a prank?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Seriously we need this.

Ladies, Air your grievances and freely exchange notes with other PMS sufferers. Or war stories from times past. Let this place fill with so much estrogen or progesterone or Luteinizing hormone or whatnot that men fear to walk 10 feet near it for fear of developing breasts and gaining 4 octaves in vocal pitch.

Etc etc etc

Basically kvetch about menstruation and symptoms as you experience them.

:rawk:
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    OH MY GAWD YOU ARE MAKING WOMEN THINK PMS IS REAL AND/OR MAKING THEM FAKE THEIR SYMPTOMS!!!!!!!!1111

Evil wemons!!@!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Speaking of fetishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Alright. I'll go then. :P

So, apparently, your period can sync up through the internets cause I'm about a week about from mine and have been in the gnarliest mood the last couple of days. I just turn into the most anxious, weepy, needy mess. The world is terrible and I just want to snuggle and eat.

Yeah. For all intents and purposes, I'm pretty much an IFP one week out of every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I WANNA CHEW SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF. Haha jk

Well I typically get a huge surge of adrenaline combined with a stomachache which leads to a slight urgency to pee. Then, I have a 3 hour window to decide when to start it. I have magical powers!!! Sorry if that was TMI. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I'm not pmsing, but I have been having some mittelschmerz today in my R ovary.

Problem solved.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Im so happy I don't have to deal with this monthly problem anymore. I used to feel like my ovaries were being roasted slowly over an open fire
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Im so happy I don't have to deal with this monthly problem anymore. I used to feel like my ovaries were being roasted slowly over an open fire
    That sounds terrible. How'd you fix it? Use @Ginkgo's Fukitol? :P

I've had cramps before that made me curl up in the fetal position and decide I will not be giving natural birth.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    That sounds terrible. How'd you fix it? Use @Ginkgo's Fukitol? :P

I've had cramps before that made me curl up in the fetal position and decide I will not be giving natural birth.
    IUD

The first few months you have some spotting, and the occasional cramp day but nowhere near what it used to be. I used to plan my second day of my period on a weekend, so I could lie on the couch and do nothing, as I felt anemic while toasting my ovaries (and sometimes kidneys). And yes, fetal position helped. Mostly though, I felt like I had the flue (fuzzy in the head, difficult to think or do anything), plus the pain. It lasted only two days luckily. After that it was just discomfort.

I always kinda got pissed when someone insinuated that I was being overemotional due to PMS. With guys I usually go: No uterus, no opinion! (aka shut the fuck up). Aside from that, Im kinda like..how would you like to have your testicles roasted over an open fire and be told you are being dramatic due to hormones (instead of the obvious pain factor). Wouldn't you be pissy if you were in constant non-stop pain? Granted, you can pop a bunch of pills, but doing that for a week every month aint about to be healthy. I did take one when I had to be social though, otherwise I was ready to kill someone within 5 minutes.

My INTJ used to plan his trips to visit (we did a LDR for a while) around my period, so he could actually have sex and not deal with the grumpy half dead gf when he actually visited
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

IUD
    Ive heard it hurts like hell to have them put in. Ive been considering investing in one so I dont have to fool with the pill/periods anymore.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ive heard it hurts like hell to have them put in. Ive been considering investing in one so I dont have to fool with the pill/periods anymore.
    It does. Especially when they forget to tell you you should take a serious painkiller before coming in. Its not uncommon (and I did) to pass out after having it put in. I actually wasn't able to take the tram home, and had to call a taxi. My body was so traumatized, it purged everything that day and I felt it for a week afterwards. it doesn't help that they want you to come in while you have your period (you're more...open down there then). Supposedly its less painful for women who've had kids already though. I have to go back this year and have mine redone

...I so don't wanna. But it'll keep me period free and safe for another 5 years, I guess

My new gyno (the other one was a woman but a fucking robot, never felt so fucking violated and abandoned by a doctor before) assured me that though it would hurt, it would be just fine if i took the medication beforehand, and that indeed, passing out is common and nothing to worry about. She also said the removal wouldn't hurt at all.

Edit: since this is a rant thread, I will get on my soapbox and dig out my pet peeve:

See, this is the shit that makes me angry at being female. F*cking men have it easy when it come to reproductive shit. Granted, they have the whole taming the wild sea of testosterone challenge, but other than that, we are the ones with the pain, suffering, awkward doctor visits and painful treatments. They only get that pleasure around 40 when they have to get their prostates examined every year. Boo-f*cking-hoo.

I resent being female sometimes

And this is why it makes me go STFU when i hear a guy whining about his horrendous torture that is a PMS gf. Big whoop, seriously. Whine elsewhere. My intj loved that I got an IUD coz it meant constant sex (no more breaks when I was in pain basically) and no more grumpy gf. The fact that i had to go pass out on a doctors table every 5 years and spread my legs for a stranger while they shove something up your body..well that was regrettable

/rant...for now
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

It does. Especially when they forget to tell you you should take a serious painkiller before coming in. Its not uncommon (and I did) to pass out after having it put in. I actually wasn't able to take the tram home, and had to call a taxi. My body was so traumatized, it purged everything that day and I felt it for a week afterwards. it doesn't help that they want you to come in while you have your period (you're more...open down there then). Supposedly its less painful for women who've had kids already though. I have to go back this year and have mine redone

...I so don't wanna. But it'll keep me period free and safe for another 5 years, I guess

My new gyno (the other one was a woman but a fucking robot, never felt so fucking violated and abandoned by a doctor before) assured me that though it would hurt, it would be just fine if i took the medication beforehand, and that indeed, passing out is common and nothing to worry about. She also said the removal wouldn't hurt at all.

Edit: since this is a rant thread, I will get on my soapbox and dig out my pet peeve:

See, this is the shit that makes me angry at being female. F*cking men have it easy when it come to reproductive shit. Granted, they have the whole taming the wild sea of testosterone challenge, but other than that, we are the ones with the pain, suffering, awkward doctor visits and painful treatments. They only get that pleasure around 40 when they have to get their prostates examined every year. Boo-f*cking-hoo.

I resent being female sometimes

And this is why it makes me go STFU when i hear a guy whining about his horrendous torture that is a PMS gf. Big whoop, seriously. Whine elsewhere. My intj loved that I got an IUD coz it meant constant sex (no more breaks when I was in pain basically) and no more grumpy gf. The fact that i had to go pass out on a doctors table every 5 years and spread my legs for a stranger while they shove something up your body..well that was regrettable

/rant...for now
    Wow, Amar. You really know how to soothe away those fears, lady lol.

I want to respond to your rant, but dont know how I feel quite yet
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wow, Amar. You really know how to soothe away those fears, lady lol.

I want to respond to your rant, but dont know how I feel quite yet
    Lol, hey you are ENTJ, you re supposed to like blunt honesty.

Bottomline: it sucks but its once in 5 years, freeing you from periods for 4 years the first time (takes about a year for your period to fully go, at least in my case). All in all, costs vs benefits= IUD

Edit: I wish **** Mother Nature would provide us with a button we could push for when we feel like getting pregnant instead of having to outsmart her *grmbl*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★