User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    type

Default I have returned!

For all you who wish to bask in my magnificence, I am here, back from the wilds of the mountains.

I will even emerge from my Cloak of Invisibility temporarily. I hope you will not be blinded.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    For all you who wish to bask in my magnificence, I am here, back from the wilds of the mountains.

I will even emerge from my Cloak of Invisibility temporarily. I hope you will not be blinded.

Moving post to Fluf....

Oh. Good placement.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is why I bought these awesome shades:

Glad you're back!

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Moving post to Fluf....

Oh. Good placement.

Oh, I *KNOW* my place, sweetie....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brautigan
    All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

MBTI
    type

Now, the meat of the matter....

The conference was interesting. I attended--AND SLEPT THRU--two presentations on PhotoShop. Okay--I didn't sleep ALL through, just had the looooong blinks. You know? It's a shame--the fella knows his stuff. And his workflow is excellent. I learned LOTS, too. Really.

But the boy derailed himself more often than this place derails. We kept wondering when the mods would swoop in and--well, you can't do that in real life.

I slept really good this week. It was cold with a fierce wind a mile up, but enjoyable.

I finished the Brautigan collection, with great sadness. I read a couple other books, too.

We had another INTP with us. That's always wonderful.

MBTI
    type

I like this thread better. I may move my blog. It's mostly fluff, anyway.

Just to move threads around, you know. For the fun of it. WHEEE!

MBTI
    INTJ

I'll post in here so you feel special : )

post!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Nice to see an RC full of energy again. If this is the effects of lower oxygen I'm gonna go get some (errm lose some) for myself !!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Now, the meat of the matter....

The conference was interesting. I attended--AND SLEPT THRU--two presentations on PhotoShop. Okay--I didn't sleep ALL through, just had the looooong blinks. You know? It's a shame--the fella knows his stuff. And his workflow is excellent. I learned LOTS, too. Really.

But the boy derailed himself more often than this place derails. We kept wondering when the mods would swoop in and--well, you can't do that in real life.

I slept really good this week. It was cold with a fierce wind a mile up, but enjoyable.

I finished the Brautigan collection, with great sadness. I read a couple other books, too.

We had another INTP with us. That's always wonderful.

Any useful insights you didnt sleep through? As a photographer I am ditching photoshop where possible for Lightroom... great workflow, but needs a good finishing sharpener...

-Geoff

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Any useful insights you didnt sleep through? As a photographer I am ditching photoshop where possible for Lightroom... great workflow, but needs a good finishing sharpener...

-Geoff
    You know, that's similar to what this guy said. He likes the workflow, but Lightroom needs more tools. So he's sticking with Photoshop. He did talk about CameraRaw a lot, which I think is a Mac product (???).

He also said that Photoshop wasn't made for photographers, which I knew, but which seemed to surprise a mess of people.

I'm going to run some of my pics from this weekend through Photoshop now that I have some clue what I'm doing. Most of my Photoshop knowledge is over 10 years old--it's just not the same product!