User Tag List

First 123 Last

Permabanned

Like them, and frequently grow my hair out.

Saw a guy yesterday with a red afro. Don't even know how he managed it, but I was tempted to call out "nice fro!"

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Hmm, I think they tend to look better on men like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction. More "badass." However, if they're not maintained well they get nasty fast
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Not a fan. Looks (too) messy.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

They make me self conscious about the fact that my hair is thin and stringy. If we stood next to each other the contrast would be extreme.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Here is an epic pic of Miror B from Pokemon Colosseum and his epic fro!

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

They are awesome...'til it meets a flat surface and gets a dent in it.

I was looking up stuff on Afros last night and I'm amazed at the number of people who think there is something wrong with kinky/coiled/curly hair and it needs to be "fixed". Or that it is somehow dirty or nasty since it's not straight...sheesh.

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    They are awesome...'til it meets a flat surface and gets a dent in it.

I was looking up stuff on Afros last night and I'm amazed at the number of people who think there is something wrong with kinky/coiled/curly hair and it needs to be "fixed". Or that it is somehow dirty or nasty since it's not straight...sheesh.
    It's totally bizarre. I don't get the fixation with straight hair at all. Mine's poker straight, and it's really boring!
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

A large one? Sweeet.

A British friend of mine (who's white)..Once, on halloween night, dresses up as a black man..Goes around..pulls up to stop lights with a big afro wig on..Rolls down the window to the black dude in the next car..And in the Queen's english shouts out "What's up *igga!?! To say the least, he said one guy was laughing hysterically. And the other was clearly unhappy with him.

He's crazy.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

I don't like them. It might be because I see them as an anachronism. For me they're inexplicably tied to bell bottoms, blaxploitation movies and the late 1960s/1970s, by far the most ridiculous eyesore of a fashion period ever.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    It's totally bizarre. I don't get the fixation with straight hair at all. Mine's poker straight, and it's really boring!
    For me, I'm jealous of the low-maintenance. My hair is a mass of thick, pencil-sized coils and I would love to have hair that I don't have spend two hours doing two-strand twists on (or 8 hours getting it straightened at a salon). Coiled hair=time unless you go the TWA route.