User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When I was like, 7.. I recall having a vague crush on a boy from the Disney film Hocus Pocus. The character, Thackary Binx, was turned into a cat/cursed with immortality. His only human appearances are at the beginning & end of the film.. throughout the middle of the story, he remains a talking cat, assisting the lead characters.

''In 1693 Salem, Massachusetts, Thackary Binx (Sean Murray) is awakened and notices that his young sister Emily (Jodie Rivera) is being lured into the woods by an old hag. Thackary gives chase, arriving at a cottage as Emily is led inside by the woman. The cottage is home of the Sanderson sisters, Mary (Kathy Najimy), Sarah (Sarah Jessica Parker) and Winifred (Bette Midler), a trio of evil witches. It is revealed that they are brewing a potion with which to absorb life force out of young children to regain their youth. Thackary is too late, however and Emily drinks the potion. After subduing Thackary with her powers, Winifred, along with Mary and Sarah share the life force from young Emily making them young. When Thackary insults Winifred, she decides not to kill him as punishment, and to their amusement the trio transform Thackary into a black cat and curse him with immortality, thus forcing him to live forever with the guilt of failing to save his sister from death. The townspeople, led by Thackary and Emily's parents come and capture the sisters to hang them; however Winifred casts a curse that on Halloween night when the moon is full a virgin will summon them back from the dead so they can claim all the lives of the children in Salem.''

When I was 8 or 9, reading Stephen King's IT for the first time, I remember really rooting for Bill Denbrough, being slightly surprised that Beverly Marsh didn't end up with him. Don't know if that counts. I never really had any crushes on anyone, growing up, I was pretty reserved, even in my imagination, I guess.

& I never thought about or felt anything about these characters unless I was watching the movie/reading the book, hence my use of the phrase, ''vague crush.'' I never experienced anything so intrusive as actual limerence until a job I had in college when I was 22- my ENTP boss was 3-4 years older, very attractive/engaging/clever.. I pretty much couldn't even look at him, I hated having that irrational attraction to someone I hardly knew. Haven't experienced anything like that, since.

As for early ''attractions'' imprinting what we're into when we're older... mh, I can't say any of the guys I've dated were cursed, vengeful cat-people, or vengeful boys with stutters.

..I suppose the ENTJ could be vengeful at times.

...I should note that my love for Tom Waits isn't a crush.. it's real, dammit.. REAL!
    *hyperventilates into a paper bag*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wasn't seeing much merit in this idea until cartoons were brought up. I crushed majorly on Gadget from Chip & Dale's Rescue rangers, and I still have thing for clever action girls, but I seem to have escaped the furry curse.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

fictional. Sora from Kingdom Hearts

ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I had it pretty bad for Seifer Almasy from FF8 back in the day. Cause I mean, damn.

And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post

I cannot recall whether it was a crush, but I did feel some kind of fascination for Dark Heart from 'Care Bears Movie II', which, I knew, I was not supposed to, because he is the villain.

Hahaha Yes! Badass, redhead in a Tracksuit. Though it's hard not to look cool in comparison to Dawn and John.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I can't link right now but two cartoon characters were Justin from Secret of Nimh (that rat is a stud and emanates Fe) and Pumyra from the Thundercats (hotness). As a kid I even could sense that crushing on cartoon characters was slightly off but hey, you put us in front of the Telly staring at cartoons all day and this s what happens. At least I didn't develop a penchant for obese bald men with vestigial tails via Barney.

Who you crush on or are just surrounded with as a kid becomes your imprint. Supposedly those folks and crushes form the basis of your ideal "type" for the rest of your life. This is very, very true in my case as I still have the same strong phenotypical preference in "type" for guys now that I had since preteen years. This type also transfers to androgynous looking women. :P and still strongly prefer brunettes in general.

Also @Pseudo, your dating life seems...dramatic.

Haha why do you say that? I'm a pretty low key, non-confrontational INTP individual. Compared to most people I don't even have a dating life.