User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think you have a point. For all the good things, I do think media has some negative impacts on society. I wonder what the results would be if we could compare the results of a survey of people's happiness now vs. 100 years ago.
    Suicide ratings is a poor replacement but it indicates some things.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_suicide_rate

Sort by female and some of the most technologicaly advanced countries tops it. Pressure to succeed or conform is my guess. For the poorer countries i guess unemployment and culture based upon religion plays a bigger role.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think you have a point. For all the good things, I do think media has some negative impacts on society. I wonder what the results would be if we could compare the results of a survey of people's happiness now vs. 100 years ago.
    I think @MatsNorway made a good point.

Also, Prince William is going bald so he is not perfect either. I guess they could photoshop that.

It makes me wonder. They photoshop a lot of things to make people look better. I wonder if the tabloids sometimes photoshop people to make them look worse.
    No one said he was perfect, but IMO he's a good looking world leader - unlike his father, who is one scary looking nerd. I also think Putin was good looking until he got that face lift that made him look 10 years older instead of 10 years younger. You know, there's a certain sub-race of people who are supposed to have those hereditary circles under their eyes even as children or young people, and I think it's over in the Eastern European regions, and without them he looks like some kind of terrifying old-man-mannequin.

I tend to like that whole European pretty boy Germanic or Balto-Slav look. I remember in one thread there were other women saying that Prince Harry was the cuter royal, so that's really just a matter of taste.

I used William to make my point.

I'd rather be in a good relationship with someone who loved me than have a ton of money and fame. And I see threads where guys are complaining about not having enough one night stands or something, instead of not being able to have a girlfriend, and I don't see why I should feel any sorrier for them than they should feel for me if I were a gold digger.