User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Dude, seriously? Stop trying to provoke people.
    She said they love each other and so they will do something to each other, so she has expectations from her husband, if she realized it was not the case, she would be disappointed. So she is in auto contradiction with what she said just before.

There's no shame of having expectations from the partner. I think people should be proud of that, not ashamed.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    She said they love each other and so they will do something to each other, so she has expectations from her husband, if she realized it was not the case, she would be disappointed. So she is in auto contradiction with what she said just before.
    Please point out where she stated where (a) she had those expectations of her husband, and (b) she would be disappointed if her husband didn't meet those "expectations."

"Being pleasantly surprised if my partner does something for me" isn't the same thing as "getting pissed off if he doesn't do it."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Please point out where she stated where (a) she had those expectations of her husband, and (b) she would be disappointed if her husband didn't meet those "expectations."

"Being pleasantly surprised if my partner does something for me" isn't the same thing as "getting pissed off if he doesn't do it."

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

Shed did not use the words "pleasantly surprised". So you assertion is biased and irrelevant.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Shed did not use the words "pleasantly surprised". So you assertion is biased and irrelevant.
    She also explicitly used the words "don't expect", so your assertion is just as biased and irrelevant.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    She also explicitly used the words "don't expect", so your assertion is just as biased and irrelevant.
    We love each other, therefore we'll do stuff for the other one just to brighten the day.
    She assumes that they'll do stuff for the other one, whic means that she expects it. She also place taht as a natural consequence of being in love. And therefore she makes my point. It also means that if she discver that the guy is not as she expect he is, that can enter inconflict with her conception of love

You assertion is not biased and irrelevant. But just stupid.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

garbage

Fair enough,* if you want to get into technicalities. What about the first sentence--the one that I asked you to address?

*well, not really
    I guess this was sort of, kind of addressed above.

Okay, fine. @Chaotic Harmony, did you mean "pleasantly surprised"? Because, if so, my assertion is not biased and it is relevant.

Or whatever pseudological fluff I want to throw out there to support my visceral feelings on the matter, so that I match Speed's argument tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Pff, signs, schmigns.

They're just pieces of plastic or metal (or t-shirts?) with words or pictures on them, and sometimes people in uniforms have been appointed to have some authority and point to them if they see me disobeying the directions on those signs. I can choose to ignore them if I want to have a lil' bit of fun.

She assumes that they'll do stuff for the other one, whic means that she expects it. She also place taht as a natural consequence of being in love. And therefore she makes my point. It also means that if she discver that the guy is not as she expect he is, that can enter inconflict with her conception of love
    Too bad you don't speak the language...

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Too bad you don't speak the language...
    +1. Of course, that's assuming there is actually a failure to understand, which is unclear to me at this point...
    -end of thread-