User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 170

  1. #21
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Pretty sure anyone responding with anything but "I agree completely."
    Anyone who made a pertinent and rational argument. You havn't done that yet.

    brah.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #22
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So if she asks you to bring her roses, do you do it with pleasure? Good luck with that.
    Women don't have theses kinds of expectations. So that's not a problem.

    A woman doesn't need a man to be overall superior to her to fall in love, she just needs enough differences for interest and complementarity. Same for a man. Each might admire the other for being superior in certain areas, while being admired in turn for his/her own areas of superiority. Of course, in a relationship each partner needs to address the other's needs/desires, and treat their partner well. This works both ways, though, and there are no recipes, standards, or rulebooks that will cover all situations. It is for each couple to work out for themselves.
    Precisely.

    If a man say "I love that woman, I admire her so much"

    He means "I want to fuck that woman and that she be my maid"

    If a woman say "I love tham man, I admire him so much"

    She means "I want to be fucked by that man and to be devoted to him".
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Anyone who made a pertinent and rational argument. You havn't done that yet.

    brah.
    Are you saying that anyone who makes an argument that is on topic and reasonable would prove you wrong?
    Dirt Farmer

  4. #24
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Are you saying that anyone who makes an argument that was on topic and reasonable would prove you wrong?
    Only if it rationaly demonstrate that I'am wrong.

    But I'am right, so it's impossible.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  5. #25
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    What I believe is simply the truth. Prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I ever made my argument. You must demonstrate that it doesn't work. If you can't, that means that you are wrong.
    No. This is not how rational debate works. Not in modern Western society at least.

    If you want to convince people, you have to give reasons for your position, give arguments and cite data, show proof. It is not enough to say "this is the truth". That is what children do.

    Also, never say "proof me wrong!" That is something people say who can't proof their position and/or don't know how intellectual debates work. It is something children and people with the brains of children would say. It is a sign of low intellectual capabilities and a pet peeve of mine!


    There is a giant invisible teapot orbiting the moon - proof me wrong!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    !
    <3
    Dirt Farmer

  7. #27
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    No. This is not how rational debate works. Not in modern Western society at least.

    If you want to convince people, you have to give reasons for your position, give arguments and cite data, show proof.
    I ever explained my reasoning. I don't have to furnish more explanations as long as you have not proved that you had a reasoning on your side.

    Otherwise your opinion is just "i'm disagree with you but I have no reason for this", which is irrational. And I don't arguye with irrational people.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #28
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I ever explained my reasoning. I don't have to furnish more explanations as long as you have not proved that you had a reasoning on your side.

    Otherwise your opinion is just "i'm disagree with you but I have no reason for this", which is irrational. And I don't arguye with irrational people.
    No. You didn't. You just claimed that "this is what men do. this is what women do". You did not give an explanation why. You did not quote a study that showed this. You did nothing, only say what your opinion is. Then you said that your opinion would stand as true until somebody would proof it wrong. I explained to you why that is not how intelligent debates work. What is so rational about your behavior and irrational about my behavior in this scenario?

    Also, you are a teenager. So I can't believe that you are speaking from life experience either.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  9. #29
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    And I don't arguye with irrational people.
    Obviously you are not the only one.

  10. #30
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    What is so rational about your behavior and irrational about my behavior in this scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Obviously you are not the only one.
    Yeah, that answers my question and I thought of it as soon as I posted
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. women who love makeup (and men, too!)
    By velocity in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
  2. Opinions on Bush and Clinton (Moved from Obama muslim thread.)
    By Jeffster in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO