User Tag List

First 7151617

Results 161 to 170 of 170

  1. #161
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Your arguments are typically tactical in nature, like a soccer player trying to steal the ball and drive toward a goal. You desire to "win" the point,
    I've ever won the point. Since you always failed to prove that a situation where a man is with an intgelligent woman who can't cook and sex well is positive. The rest is just conserving my wining postition. Call that "tactic" if you want. The thing is that my long term strategy is easy: you will never achieve to prove your point because you are wrong, so I don't have to worry about this.



    Maybe for some it is.
    You came from "sure you are wrong" to "maybe you are wrong".

    Continue.

    You're making progress.

    How many long-term romances have you been involved in in your life? How long have they lasted? What was the quality of the relationship?
    I never seen the point to stay for years with a girl. I consider that I have truly be in love just one time. Like a mutual visceral need for the other one like food or water. All my relationhips were initiated because of sexual attraction, and in majority of the case because the girl shown signs of interests first. I was not always "mentally compatible" but I was happy because as long as there's sexual attraction, it can be fine. It's the vital minimum, a necessity, intelligence is not a necessity, but just a bonus.

    especially if I hadn't actually experienced a long-term committed relationship myself.
    And of course the guy was with you for your intelligence.:yim_rolling_on_the_
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #162
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    I think what you are failing to realize is that the people here are trying to make you realize that good sex does not make a complete relationship. It is a part of a good relationship.
    Good sex is the vital minimum for a good relatiuonships. At least for the 3 first years.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #163
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I think the disconnect between our mindsets is highly exaggerated. "Domestic affairs not being up there on the priority list" isn't the same thing at all as "My relationships are based solely on intellectual discussion."
    Precisely. If you are just doint intelectual discussions with a woman, you are not in a relationships. But if you fuck together and that she cooks for you, you are. As I said, it's the vital minimum. Nor is intelligence or intelectual discussions.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #164
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Good sex is the vital minimum for a good relatiuonships. At least for the 3 first years.
    Now there's a time frame on it?


  5. #165
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Now there's a time frame on it?
    No. But I guess love can take a less passionate and physical form on long term period.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  6. #166
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    TypeC:

    Speed has a super serious issue here. We should band together as his community to support him through this tough time. That's why we're starting a fund in Speed's name to help him pay for the treatment he so deserves: a woman who won't ever try to have a conversation about herself, who wouldn't dream of ever disagreeing with him, and wouldn't dare correct his spelling and grammar.

    But now the only skill testing question is where he should start first?


    http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites
    http://www.fakeinternetgirlfriend.com/
    http://www.odditycentral.com/news/re...-in-china.html



    Best of luck Speed, we believe that one day, you'll find love too (at a cost)!

    Yes you can!!!


    I never even got a certificate for donating to "Blacks Without Soul," OR a tax write-off.
    I'm afraid of getting burned again with these midnight charities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Now there's a time frame on it?
    Well, it's like baking a cake... although in this case, you're basically going to end up with a bun in the oven.

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna
    I view a relationship less as two independent 'stovepipes' and more as interdependency.
    To be serious a moment, yes -- it's interdependency, not independence nor codependence, that I think is the most healthy as well. You're with each other by choice, allowing your lives to intertwine together because you love each other and want to be together, not because you're needy, nor do you keep a wall between yourselves so that you can cut out at a moment's notice.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #167
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You came from "sure you are wrong" to "maybe you are wrong".
    Lol, uh, no. I haven't changed my stance, I still think your extremity as a universal stance that excludes other possibilities is totally wrong.

    My point of view HOLDS that there is a variety of experience, and that your exclusionary claims on it are incorrect. It doesn't mean I do not think there are probably a portion of men and women in the world who might conform to your expectations; I simply don't think your conclusions are indicative of men and women in general.

    That wasn't rocket science, bub.

    Continue.
    You're making progress.
    Au contrare, I think you've backslidden.
    Alas, we might lose this patient after all. Who is your next of kin?

    I never seen the point to stay for years with a girl. I consider that I have truly be in love just one time.
    Lol. As I thought. You don't know what it means to work through hard stuff together, to slave together, to raise kids together, to take risks together, to be really pissed off at each other and vow to keep trying, to go through unemployement together, to buy a house together, to be vulnerable and dependent and have to trust the other person intimately with your well-being and life....

    IOW, you don't know diddly about long-term, substantial relationships. You simply have not had any of those.

    Like a mutual visceral need for the other one like food or water. All my relationhips were initiated because of sexual attraction, and in majority of the case because the girl shown signs of interests first. I was not always "mentally compatible" but I was happy because as long as there's sexual attraction, it can be fine. It's the vital minimum, a necessity, intelligence is not a necessity, but just a bonus.
    Then let me advise you on the way you can present your ideas. You can say, "In a relationship, what I wanted was a woman who cooks well and who performs sex well. That was what I needed and wanted, and when I got it, I was happy. Maybe not all men are like me, but that describes my experience."

    I would support you wholeheartedly and defend your right to explain and share your own experience. At that same time, I will challenge you if you are trying to take away that right from others.

    And of course the guy was with you for your intelligence.
    yeah, actually. That, and my intuition sense, and laughter, and thoughtful perspectives, and the fact I was full of whimsy and fun. Sex was part of the package, but not the main reason... regardless of how damned good I was.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #168
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I think a man can be insecured by a sexually attractive intelligent woman, not by an ugly woman. What truly make him insecure is her sex-appeal.
    Note to self: I must be VERY hot!


    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby
    Love is about what you DO for each other, not simply about what you ARE
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    True. That's why being intelligent is not enough for a woman. What matter is what she does for the man.
    OK, I can see you took me very literally here.

    First, a woman can DO intelligence for a man, same as cooking and "sexing". Do you agree with that?

    Second, your response got me thinking about love languages ... from a literal perspective it sounds like "acts of service" is probably your highest "love language", probably followed by "physical touch". Have you heard of the Love Languages? There are five of them, you can take this quiz to identify yours: Love Languages Quiz Link for Singles.

    I know you will find this hard to believe, but there are men who do not value "acts of service" or "physical touch" as you do. The point is a placing of PRIORITY ... some men are in relationships without the cooking, ok? And relationships without sex - yes, they do exist. That's just the way it is.

    So, do that test and report back.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  9. #169
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, it's like baking a cake... although in this case, you're basically going to end up with a bun in the oven.
    Well, let's hope it doesn't affect my ability to perform! God forbid the sex suffer a little bit to bring a new life into the world...

    *wonder how many times my husband's first response to "what makes you love your wife" has been "because she's amazing in the sack!"*


  10. #170
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Well, let's hope it doesn't affect my ability to perform! God forbid the sex suffer a little bit to bring a new life into the world...

    *wonder how many times my husband's first response to "what makes you love your wife" has been "because she's amazing in the sack!"*
    Was that a joke, or was he serious? ha ha!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. women who love makeup (and men, too!)
    By velocity in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
  2. Opinions on Bush and Clinton (Moved from Obama muslim thread.)
    By Jeffster in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO