User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I hide that I would actually really like to get settled down and have some kids and be a traditional housewife because I refuse to be like every other woman in my family ever plus it really winds my sister up (I think she's a bit too narrow-minded on such subjects).
    I also (try to) hide how much I spend on shoes vs how many of them I can actually walk in, though this has some practical difficulties
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    istp

i hide a lot of myself, not because i necessarily need to, but because im not always the most easy person to understand and life is easier that way

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    What do you hide?
    Living with an ENFP means being UNABLE to hide much. She's so confessional. Plus she's around me all the time, so I can't get up to much.

I hide my flaws. I never leave the house without make-up on. I fear judgment and being disappointing to people.

It's difficult to hide when you're Fe primary.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Not really a lot now. I don't tell people that I'm unemployed and that I spend all my time on my own. I don't tell people how I've thrown a couple of wobblies in the last few years. I'm not quick to disclose my love of romantic drama films, Jane Austen novels and high-brow culture (perhaps because I'm not competent enough to discuss them). I play electric bass, but would really rather play cello.
    Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    ... I'm not quick to disclose my love of romantic drama films, Jane Austen novels and high-brow culture (perhaps because I'm not competent enough to discuss them). . .
    Yes, this is part of it for me too. I am not sure what you are meaning by high brow culture, but for me I don't feel comfortable talking about literature, poetry, opera music/classical music with people who are ultra into it because I don't feel competent or quick minded enough and then with the people who are around me in offline life, they make fun or snide comments, or just look uncomfortable about the whole thing.

At 12/13 I was very serious about Buddhism and kept it to myself. At 15\16 I liked to listen to Gregorian chant and ghazal whilst my friends were listening to the Kinks. Having said that, my best friend used to give me stick for listening to Fairport Convention.
    I like to listen to Gregorian chants too. But I listened to the Kniks when I was in school too and also I liked R&B and Funk when the people who I was around at the time would have kicked my ass for it...

MBTI
    INXP

Yes, this is part of it for me too. I am not sure what you are meaning by high brow culture, but for me I don't feel comfortable talking about literature, poetry, opera music/classical music with people who are ultra into it because I don't feel competent or quick minded enough and then with the people who are around me in offline life, they make fun or snide comments, or just look uncomfortable about the whole thing.

I like to listen to Gregorian chants too. But I listened to the Kniks when I was in school too and also I liked R&B and Funk when the people who I was around at the time would have kicked my ass for it...
    How about Enigma? funked up gregorian chants!

Sorry you get the snide comments.. although I got one from an ESTJ colleague the other day when I happened to remark I like, and sometimes write, poetry. You'd think she had spotted antlers growing out of my head!

MBTI
    INXP

I don't feel comfortable talking about literature, poetry, opera music/classical music with people who are ultra into it because I don't feel competent or quick minded enough
    I don't really talk about it with anyone. If I do need to go through a thought process, then I think it's most valuable if I do it on my own. But really it's just my attempt at feeling. At least that's had my focus for a long time now; culture for visceral experience over analysis.

music and stuff is cool.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I tend to hide hurt feelings as much as possible.
    I try to act less sensitive than I am.

Quirky stuff? Oh, I like some really cheesy music -- like Bread and John Ford Colley and all that late 70's / early 80's smooth listening stuff. I mean, I REALLY like it. (My first album I ever bought was Barry Manilow's greatest hits. On tape.) Some Earth Wind and Fire is awesome too.
    In that case, I'll come clean about my Carpenters obsession. I was also a Fanilow back in the day.

I also had a lot of Christian contemporary music from the early/mid-80's. I loved The Imperials and Glad and the Archers and... yeah. The oddest thing after me moving into the apt and being alone in March? I started digging out all my old xian albums that I had, mostly Amy Grant, but including Farrell and Farrell and other things people would laugh at, and playing it all again. And again.
    Wow - that brings back memories. I used to have some of those records. I still have some more recent "CCM" music (for those in the know) on my iPod, including Jars of Clay and Out of the Gray - including "Frail" and "Perfect Circle", both fairly etherial, non-in-your-face, alt-sounding, INFP-friendly songs.

What I find humorous is that my whole idea of God has shifted, so what I believed then, I believe something a bit different now, but the music is still meaningful.
    For me, good music is good music. Plus, whatever the trappings or details of what is sung, the overall spirit (no pun intended) of the experience - light, vulnerability, peace, oneness with a source - is what resonates with me.

Have people mentioned edible guilty pleasures? I love Kraft Mac & Cheese and Cheese Popcorn. Yes, the fake orange stuff. Must be consumed rarely though, not the healthiest of foods.

Oh, and I've been hiding my freaky-deaky side for a very very long time. But not for much longer . . . MUAH.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I hide things that I feel strongly about when it's a topic that most people feel is frivolous, or not worthy of strong feelings either way. For instance, I love the medium of television because it's one of the last examples we have of a public meeting place, a shared experience. And that aspect of it is going away because we now have hundreds of channels instead of four or five. I also like Def Leppard, Taco Bell and Hugh Grant without irony.

I also hide complicated opinions on polarizing topics because I don't want to be lumped in with either side. This pops up mostly in politics and religion, of course. Living in Los Angeles and working in the entertainment industry, I hide my politics because saying you're a centrist is tantamount to admitting that you spend your weekends preventing black people from voting, discrediting evolution, and tongue-kissing Rush Limbaugh. I keep my religious opinions to myself a lot too. They make my family think I'm going to hell because I don't believe all the dogma, and they make atheists think I'm some Bible-thumper because I have the temerity to think God is plausible. You can't win with politics or religion.
    Me, too, on both counts. And it's frustrating, b/c to me, centrism is the only thing that really makes sense. Whatever happened to people's politics being a private, personal thing?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Like many people I hide my deepest feelings - the ones that make me vulnerable and the ones that have enlightened me. When I share those, I am sharing my entire self.

What is not typical is that i hide my best accomplishments. I can't function competitively and so attempt to avoid topics and scenarios that produce that dynamic. Peace is better than winning for me.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESFJ

Some old sweaters. HAHA! All right, bad joke out of the way.

I am in the closet about my secret dream job (not Hollywood film producer): I've always wanted to be the star of a men's shaving cream commercial. Seriously.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"