IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'll pass along the message.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I have a feeling he'll say there's no hatred or animosity intended in the statement that men can beat women at everything. He'll say that it's just a "simple statement of fact."
    My grandfather was a member of the KKK and claimed not to be a racist. That doesn't absolve him of his racism. Your friend can claim it's not misogyny all he likes. It's still blatant misogyny.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    My grandfather was a member of the KKK and claimed not to be a racist. That doesn't absolve him of his racism. Your friend can claim it's not misogyny all he likes. It's still blatant misogyny.
    What makes this worse is that he's not just some average grunt. I can pass over comments made by silly people on the street. But in this case, we're talking about someone with an 8 year advanced medical degree, and who has come up with some medically brilliant House-like ideas over the years.

Maybe he's just another brilliant crank. Nonetheless, painful for everybody he works around, his position and reputation make it more... challenging. I begin to feel for nurses who have to work with doctors like this. (I'm not a nurse, just an under-paid technician.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think the inconvenient proposition can be debated, but the subforum choice was awful. This has nothing to do with SJs/ISTJs.
    But I guess that's your style, right? Let's see what we have so far:
    Ni-doms like (supposedly) bad sci-fi movies
    ESFPs have shaky hands

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think the inconvenient proposition can be debated, but the subforum choice was awful. This has nothing to do with SJs/ISTJs.
    But I guess that's your style, right? Let's see what we have so far:
    Ni-doms like (supposedly) bad sci-fi movies
    ESFPs have shaky hands

Oh, a personal attack. How apropos for your type.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Maybe I'll join the KKK just to prove that they'll accept anybody, as long as you're white. Non-racist whites included.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Oh, a personal attack. How apropos for your type.
    Great, I'll add "5w6 INTPs make personal attacks" to the list.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

So you mean your "STJ brethren"? Confusing.
    Giggly said: "To irritate the ISTJs", and I said: "And the other STJs." Who are the STJs that aren't ISTJs? They're ESTJs! That's why I said that I was "irritated on behalf of my introverted brethren", i.e. we're STJs, they're introverted and I'm not.
    I don't think in terms of collectives, such as "men are better than women," or "women can't be barbers, they can only be stylists," or "all ISTJs think men are better than women." I often feel like I am being trolled with statements like "Youtube is nothing but a bunch of 12-year-old kids." Perhaps some of you can feel my pain. But I agree that this ISTJ-quote-of-the-day was on a more negative note; or maybe he just thinks he is more honest than everybody else.
    Well that was an extremely confusing and noncommittal way of answering my question. The bolded is the closest I can come to finding a clear answer to the very clear and straightforward question that I asked. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you answered my question of "Why ask this question, and why in the Guardhouse" with "Maybe I can get some sympathy here".

Here's the problem with that: It's like going into the NT Rationale and saying "My INTP friend is sooooo annoyinggggg because he's like so RUDE to me and has NO social skills and here's what he said to me! Isn't that so totally annoying??"
    If you did that, do you think the NTs would sympathize with you? In general, in life, if you bitch to someone about how annoying "someone like them" is, they aren't going to sympathize with you or feel your pain.

Additionally, regardless of whether or not you think all ISTJs are a particular way, if you post anecdotes about one really obnoxious ISTJ in the Guardhouse without any elaboration at all, people are going to infer things from that. They're going to assume that you're saying that all ISTJs are like that-- or they're going to assume that you were only posting that to troll/provoke the ISTJs.

So, the next time your ISTJ friend says something notably insane, closed-minded, and horrible: Please, do not post about it in the Guardhouse. If you want sympathy, post it in a context unrelated to type, because it is extremely obvious that none of the traits you've been describing in him are actually type-related. But at the very least, consider how you're coming across, when you post stuff like that here.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Which do you guys think is a better picture for Mal?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Which do you guys think is a better picture for Mal?

The 2nd of the 3