User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I came up with something similar to this a while ago and think it still stands: Idealistic, Neurotic, Freak-like Jewels.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Acronyms are abbreviations.
    Acronyms is the subset of abbreviations in which the letters of the abbreviation form a pronounceable "word", like NASA, or laser. I have never heard MBTI types pronounced in this manner.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Acronyms is the subset of abbreviations in which the letters of the abbreviation form a pronounceable "word", like NASA, or laser.
    Apparently there are different definitions in use. It is obvious which definition is used in this thread, though.

I have never heard MBTI types pronounced in this manner.
    The Dutch can: see 'Nijntje'.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Apparently there are different definitions in use. It is obvious which definition is used in this thread, though.
    From the link:

The term acronym is the name for a word from the first letters of each word in a series of words (such as sonar, created from sound navigation and ranging).[1] Attestations for "Akronym" in German are known from 1921, and for "acronym" in English from 1940.[2] While the word abbreviation refers to any shortened form of a word or a phrase, some have used initialism or alphabetism to refer to an abbreviation formed simply from, and used simply as, a string of initials.

Although the term acronym is widely used to describe any abbreviation formed from initial letters, most dictionaries define acronym to mean "a word" in its original sense, while some include additional senses attributing to acronym the same meaning as that of initialism.
    So at best, calling type codes acronyms is another error that has crept insidiously into daily usage, like "waiting on" to describe a delay rather than service, or the misuse of nominative case in phrases like "just between you and I . . . ".

The Dutch can: see 'Nijntje'.
    Are you rearranging the order of MBTI type codes, or just misspelling (I know no Dutch)? I was curious as to whether the type codes were more readily pronounced in the context of other languages.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

So at best, calling type codes acronyms is another error that has crept insidiously into daily usage, like "waiting on" to describe a delay rather than service, or the misuse of nominative case in phrases like "just between you and I . . . ".
    Give it another 20 years and it will no longer be an error. Such is the beauty of language conventions. But, I concede your point.

Are you rearranging the order of MBTI type codes, or just misspelling (I know no Dutch)? I was curious as to whether the type codes were more readily pronounced in the context of other languages.
    I know very little Dutch myself but imagine that, if native words like 'Nijntje' can be pronounced, at least 'INTJ' should be possible, too. The P-types should prove phonetical nonsense in Dutch as well, but there might be languages in which they are not too far apart from ordinary phonetical structures. I doubt, however, that anyone really pronounces type abbreviations as words. I do say 'Ni' in my head, though, rather than 'N-i' (which makes the Knights who say Ni even better).

I’ll Never Forsake Purity

I Never Feel Perfect

Insight (for) Necessary Flowering Provided

Intractably Nerdy Freaky Personality

Insane Nutty Flaky Procrastination

Imparting Never-ending Fidelity (and) Protection

I Need Frequent Penetration

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Give it another 20 years and it will no longer be an error. Such is the beauty of language conventions. But, I concede your point.
    There is truth in this. Even I on occasion will use a preposition to end a sentence with. I still resist splitting infinitives, though.

MBTI
    PING

In No Finding Place

Internal Niche Finds Purpose

Imagining New Fantastical Possibilities

Incurable Need For Passion

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Interesting need for perversion.
    Intertwined nestling frees partner.
    Intelligent narcissist feels pardoned.
    In need for parties.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I've never tried prozac.

or

Illusions not true pearls.