Thread: Flagpoles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Not the size of your flagpole but the wave of your flag? Either way, if there is a salute...I am guessing you are ok.
    I wonder if he knows semaphore.
    (I'd find that impressive.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I wonder if he knows semaphore.
    (I'd find that impressive.)

Yeah, I just had this funny image of using it in person to person close range dialogue. Give me a "P"....

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I used to live in Lincoln, the capitol of Nebraska. The capitol building was this very phallic looking structure:

But they insisted there was nothing phallic about it. Claimed it's modeled after a corn cob (since that's what they grow in Nebraska). And we all believe that.

There's a city law that prohibits anyone building anything in the city taller than the capitol building. But the building isn't phallic. No, really, it's not.

And here's the clincher; on the top of the building is this statue, titled The Sower:

It's a guy. On the top of the tower. Spreading seed.

But there's nothing phallic about this building. At all. No, really.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

Default Plebian or Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Why are you such a pleb?
    I am a pleb because I am plebian - I am a man of the people - the common people.

I am not for instance patrician - a member of the ruling class - a member of the aristocracy.

We plebs naturally see things differently from the patricians.

We rather like to be equal - we like to be equal to one another - while the patricians like to stand on rank - upon serried rank.

We regard all women and men to be equal - it seems self-evident to us.

So it seems natural to expect our symbol, the flagpole, to be equal as well.

So naturally I comment on flagpoles that want to be superior.

Call me Bolshie if you wish - call me a pleb - I rest among the common people.

V.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

we should write a new children's book: "The Little Flagpole That Could."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Default Of all the flagpoles in all the world ............

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Although I feel bad for Victor. It must be hard having a tiny flagpole. (At least everyone's else's flagpole over there is tiny too, so no one really knows.)
    It is hard having a tiny flagpole but worse is being racked by flagpole envy.

But we have taken the matter into our own hands and collected all the flagpoles of all the countries in the world.

And we have taken them to Canberra's omega point where the Land Axis meets the Water Axis, and we have erected each and every flagpole to face the rising sun.

See Picasa Web Albums - 'tor

And lo and behold they each rise to exacly the same point and no flag is bigger than any other flag.

V.