User Tag List

First 567

Default You can't go back to Constantinople

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Well, are you guys trying at all? You have a limited understanding of Victor's messages, you know this, and still you come to him with a needlessly argumentative attitude and just, er... disagree your way through the thread, all the while still not being certain as to what he really means, so yeah, from his posts you're probably not getting anything more than reasons to throw your hands up in disgust. D'oh. But can you say that his posts are meaningless? You could, but that wouldn't be sincere to your selves now, would it... it's not that there's anything inherently wrong the "signals" being sent to you, you (and me too, by the way) just don't know how to perceive and interpret them.
    As the song says, "You can't go back to Constantinople because it's Istanbul".

And in precisely the same way we can't go back to the spoken culture of our infancy, nor can we go back to the literate culture of our adolescence, we are hurling willy-nilly into the noosphere, into the electronic culture, into the new intuitive culture.

And here we are holding hands across the world as the world changes around us.

We look behind with bitter-sweet loss and ahead with trepidation and excitement.

How nice we are doing it together.

Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Well, so far, just Jen and I.
    Perfect!

Victor.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

victor, i'm on rajah's side here. i get what you're saying, but i can't help but think...duh.

p.s. i want to see a conversation between victor and wildcat.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    As the song says, "You can't go back to Constantinople because it's Istanbul".

And in precisely the same way we can't go back to the spoken culture of our infancy, nor can we go back to the literate culture of our adolescence, we are hurling willy-nilly into the noosphere, into the electronic culture, into the new intuitive culture.
    Victor - you solipsistic old buffer! This involuntary propulsion into the Noosphere is by necessity a progression. As a child waves goodbye to the oral and says hello to the anal, never able to return, so we must brave the challange of of the New and throw away the photo album.

We must collectively shout, just as that child does, "Hello Anus - Goodbye Mouth!". And we must go where 'er that takes us.

Bananatrombones.

PS. As for Istanbul... Nobody knows except the Turks.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    p.s. i want to see a conversation between victor and wildcat.
    Bring it on.