User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Default Taken Over by Victor or the Global Village?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    The me certainly does panic, if the we appoints you as spokesman.
    Of course no one has appointed me as spokesperson.

It is only a group of literate individuals that need a spokesperson.

Each literate individual speaks with their own voice so if they all speak at once they are a cacophony.

If a group of literate individuals wish to be coherent, to be understood, they absolutely need to appoint a spokesperson.

But just as any village speaks with one voice so the global village speaks with one voice.

So the global village does not need a spokesperson.

And the global village certainly does not need me as a spokesperson.

The global village can speak coherently for itself, just as it has spoken coherently about Paris.

There are not many voices talking about Paris - just one voice saying she is bad.

Don't worry - I am not taking over - we have already been taken over by the global village.

V.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The spoken culture for almost 200,000 years and the literate culture for 200 years and the electronic culture is on us as you read.
    Really, 200 years?

The spoken culture was based on the human voice while the literate culture is based on the Printing Press and the electronic culture is based on the telegraph, the telephone, the television and the internet.
    You're focusing on medium, not intent.

Each culture imprints a cast of thought and style. And at the moment we are at an interesting point where we are moving from a literate culture to an electronic culture.
    This, I'll give you.

Now what? You still haven't said anything profound.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post

I think it's like one of those magazines where you collect a part each week. After 5 years, we get to build a proper profundity, but in the meantime it just costs us a lot of time and effort to get there.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

The mass emotional reaction to Paris only conceals what is happening right in front of our noses.
    Conceals, or is it something that a portion of the population agrees upon collectively as a distraction from the difficulty or mundaneness of their lives?

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I think it's like one of those magazines where you collect a part each week. After 5 years, we get to build a proper profundity, but in the meantime it just costs us a lot of time and effort to get there.
    I'm reminded of the "Remember to drink your Ovaltine" scene in A Christmas Story. Somehow, I suspect we're not getting much more of a message from this thread.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Well, are you guys trying at all? You have a limited understanding of Victor's messages, you know this, and still you come to him with a needlessly argumentative attitude and just, er... disagree your way through the thread, all the while still not being certain as to what he really means, so yeah, from his posts you're probably not getting anything more than reasons to throw your hands up in disgust. D'oh. But can you say that his posts are meaningless? You could, but that wouldn't be sincere to your selves now, would it... it's not that there's anything inherently wrong the "signals" being sent to you, you (and me too, by the way) just don't know how to perceive and interpret them.
    Not really.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Consider,

Paris is a screen on which we project ourselves.
    Well, so far, just Jen and I.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Victor seems bored and likes to drone on and on (and on and on) and seems to be his own biggest fan. I've witnessed it here on the forum and in Ventrillo. To me he's boring but if his words reach out and speak to you then yippee. Not everyone gets wildcat either, but he has a following so why shouldn't Victor?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Well, are you guys trying at all? You have a limited understanding of Victor's messages, you know this, and still you come to him with a needlessly argumentative attitude and just, er... disagree your way through the thread, all the while still not being certain as to what he really means, so yeah, from his posts you're probably not getting anything more than reasons to throw your hands up in disgust. D'oh. But can you say that his posts are meaningless? You could, but that wouldn't be sincere to your selves now, would it... it's not that there's anything inherently wrong the "signals" being sent to you, you (and me too, by the way) just don't know how to perceive and interpret them.
    Not only could I say his posts in this thread lack depth, I did say it. And I think I'm being pretty darned "sincere to my self [sic]."

Actually, I find Victor interesting.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Default Paris is both present and a present to us

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    It is only literacy that is profound.

Literacy engenders a particular way of thinking called, "counter-intuitive".

Counter-intuitive thinking had given rise to science, modern economics and modern politics.

Counter-intuitive thinking sees what is below the surface. That is why literacy, and its accompanying counter-intuitive thought, is called profound, 'cause it is.

While intuitive thinking sees and feels the surface of things.

For instance, intuitive thinking can see that the sun goes round the earth, while counter-intuitive thinking knows that the earth goes round the sun, in spite of appearances.

So counter-intuitive thinking sees beyond appearances into the profound.

But the important thing is this: we are moving out of a literate culture into an electronic culture. And the electronic culture is intuitive.

So the electronic culture is not profound - the electronic culture sees and feels only appearances.

So for about 200,000 years we lived in an intuitive culture, then for about 200 years we have lived in a counter-intuitive culture. And just now, right now, we are moving into a new intuitive culture.

And so for instance we look for an intuitive religion. And we found one called the New Age with Carl Jung as our guru and MBTI as our ritual.

And we also have our goddess called Paris Hilton, devoted entirely to appearances.

And it is this devotion to appearances that the literate members find offensive. Where is the profundity? Where is the profundity?, they cry.

Well, there ain't any. Paris is as she appears.

And as she appears, she is pure Presence.

V.