123 Last

Thread: An INTP world

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default An INTP world

Paint the picture of what the world would be like if everyone was an INTP.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

We would all starve to death because nobody would want to do the Sensorish work of growing/collecting/raising food.

We would become massively inbred or go extinct because so many INTPs would be unable to have a relationship with another INTP (or anyone).

We would learn all sorts of things about how the world works but our life would never improve because it would never be put into practice, making the knowledge useless.

And the few products that might end up getting produced would be horribly unreliable to the point of being dangerous, because no INTP would want to do the tedious task of quality control.

Not to mention there would be nothing produced which couldn't be manufactured by robots, as INTPs would be uninterested in factory work.

And we'd probably die young because so few INTPs would be interested in a Feeling-oriented job like a doctor or nurse, not to mention the tedious work of developing vaccines/medicines.

On the plus side, there would probably be no war, because if two people disagreed, they would just have vicious flame wars online (at least until they got bored of it). Of course, given the work involved in manufacturing computers and keeping the internet running, it's highly unlikely that we'd have an internet in the first place.

EDIT: although, there is enough variation within INTPs that none of this would probably happen, as people stronger (weaker?) in one function would take over those jobs. Still, as it wouldn't be their strength and as the number of interested people would be small, the world would end up suffering.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    We would all starve to death because nobody would want to do the Sensorish work of growing/collecting/raising food.

We would become massively inbred or go extinct because so many INTPs would be unable to have a relationship with another INTP (or anyone).

We would learn all sorts of things about how the world works but our life would never improve because it would never be put into practice, making the knowledge useless.

And the few products that might end up getting produced would be horribly unreliable to the point of being dangerous, because no INTP would want to do the tedious task of quality control.

Not to mention there would be nothing produced which couldn't be manufactured by robots, as INTPs would be uninterested in factory work.

And we'd probably die young because so few INTPs would be interested in a Feeling-oriented job like a doctor or nurse, not to mention the tedious work of developing vaccines/medicines.

On the plus side, there would probably be no war, because if two people disagreed, they would just have vicious flame wars online. Of course, given the work involved in manufacturing computers and keeping the internet running, it's highly unlikely that we'd have an internet in the first place.

But maybe INTPs who disagree wouldnt fight one another over it because they'd enjoy disagreements... the only reason why there are so many feuds between INTPs on INTPc is because of the influence of emotion that is far alien to INTPs... but again... that we can attribute to sensors... there would be no wars because we... by our nature are conflict avoidant..and are not as easily disturbed as most other types.. so ... slow to take offense..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

are you high?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I am just saying that INTPs tend to be conflict avoidant..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    But maybe INTPs who disagree wouldnt fight one another over it because they'd enjoy disagreements... the only reason why there are so many feuds between INTPs on INTPc is because of the influence of emotion that is far alien to INTPs... but again... that we can attribute to sensors... there would be no wars because we... by our nature are conflict avoidant..and are not as easily disturbed as most other types.. so ... slow to take offense..
    Contrary to what you seem to think, in this thread and others, INTP's are not robots. They will, therefore, be subject to emotions which will cloud their rational judgment. The influence of emotion is not "alien" to INTPs. Nor is it alien to any human being. What is more likely is that an angered INTP will spend some time rationalising just why they're so annoyed with x, and will then convince themselves that they are justified in their opinion because "it's logical". I know I do this as a TJ (cue random, pointless, misguided conversation about how much INTJ's differ)

A world of INTPs would be boring, just as any world filled with one particular type of individual would be. And fortunately it isn't going to happen.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    Contrary to what you seem to think, in this thread and others, INTP's are not robots. They will, therefore, be subject to emotions which will cloud their rational judgment. The influence of emotion is not "alien" to INTPs. Nor is it alien to any human being. What is more likely is that an angered INTP will spend some time rationalising just why they're so annoyed with x, and will then convince themselves that they are justified in their opinion because "it's logical". I know I do this as a TJ (cue random, pointless, misguided conversation about how much INTJ's differ)

A world of INTPs would be boring, just as any world filled with one particular type of individual would be. And fortunately it isn't going to happen.

I was exaggerating about how emotions would be alien..

MBTI
    ISTP

I was exaggerating about how emotions would be alien..
    INTPs are every bit as human as the rest of the people out there. In fact, they can tend to be worse because of a lack of maturity in dealing with the world.

The world would be chaos. Order would never exist and anarchy would rule. Small groups would form with ever changing alliances. They would steal from one another rather than work, trying to outsmart each other. Backstabbing would be the normal way of life. Violence would break out as the groups become smaller in an attempt to keep others out. Internally, relationships would fail. The societal dependence on responsibility, including caring for children, would be weak. The human race would get weaker and weaker with every generation until it either reached a balance of types or managed to regress back to hunting/tribalism... if not to extinction.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

The world would be chaos. Order would never exist and anarchy would rule. Small groups would form with ever changing alliances. They would steal from one another rather than work, trying to outsmart each other. Backstabbing would be the normal way of life. Violence would break out as the groups become smaller in an attempt to keep others out. Internally, relationships would fail. The societal dependence on responsibility, including caring for children, would be weak. The human race would get weaker and weaker with every generation until it either reached a balance of types or managed to regress back to hunting/tribalism... if not to extinction.
    Not so sure about that. INTPs, as introverted judgers could value integrity almost as much as INFPs...very few INTPs are backstabbers and most have a rigorous code of personal ethic..

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Not so sure about that. INTPs, as introverted judgers could value integrity almost as much as INFPs...very few INTPs are backstabbers and most have a rigorous code of personal ethic..
    I'm curious, do you accept any weaknesses inherent in the INTP (stereo)type? I'm not sure how you can have integrity without acknowledging the validity of feelings.

EDIT: my question was not rhetorical. I won't further derail your thread but I was curious to hear your response.