IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default For Whoever Wants a Sample of My Writing

[Sample of INTP writing]

Bruce,

The Groundwork preface begins with identifying the essence of morality in general, this is where Kant identified the fact that the essence of morality is freedom. And this identification seems pretty objective to me. And I don't see where Kant ever claimed that selfishness and unselfishness are essentially the same, that is, their underlying essence is freedom or something else. Where is the commonality between them? Their definitions as "concern vs. unconcern for the welfare of others" seems pretty polarized to me. What is at essence here is the matter of inclination vs. duty. Kant's example of the philanthropist shows that unselfishness is not necessarily moral since his is only a matter of inclination, he is naturally inclined to helping others. Thus your statement, "As to what morality is about essentially: I find that it is the contrast
    between excessive selfishness and unselfishness" turns out to be fallacious. Your focus on the "excessiveness" of selfishness identifies your standpoint as Aristotelian, thus the fallacy involved here is known as the "fallacy of the Golden Mean," among other things.
    See http://www.nizkor. org/features/ fallacies/ middle-ground. html.

Furthermore, Kant was essentially focused not only on establishing the objective grounds for moral law, but also its subjective grounds: respect for this same law, a respect which can never be granted to inclination. The objective grounds, however, is not merely its pure formality but also its universality - that is, such grounds must be a priori.

"A maxim is the subjective principle of volition. The objective
    principle (i.e., that which would also serve subjectively as a
    practical principle to all rational beings if reason had full power
    over the faculty of desire) is the practical law."

Groundwork

Thus a subjective principle for one (a maxim) becomes an objective principle for all (a law) through this very formality.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

[Sample of INTP writing]

Bruce,

The Boringness preface begins with identifying the essence of what is boring in general, this is where Kant identified the fact that the essence of boring is discussing Kant. And this identification seems pretty objective to me. And I don't see where Kant ever claimed that lameness and nonlameness are essentially the same, that is, their underlying essence is discussing Kant or something else. Where is the commonality between them? Their definitions as "making boring observations vs. discussing something in your own words for the love of God" seems pretty polarized to me. What is at essence here is the matter of inclination vs. duty (whatever that means). Kant's example of the Interestingist shows that talking about things in a way that makes people want to hear them is not necessarily moral since his is only a matter of inclination, he is naturally inclined towards putting people asleep. Thus your statement, "As to what boringness is about essentially: I find that it is the contrast
    between helping people find out what is boring the long way and being interesting" turns out to be fallacious. Your focus on the "excessiveness" of small points that take a wall of text identifies your standpoint as non-INTPenean, thus the fallacy involved here is known as the "fallacy of the Golden ant-INTP," among other things.
    (Don't see the URL though, I just put it in there)

something something something something priori and I have to go to work bye.

Fixed

/purpley
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I posted this to quell any skepticism about my type. I'm not disputing anybody's observations about how I may appear on this forum, such as those made by INTP himself. But you can't simply go by those appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    [Sample of INTP writing]

Bruce,

The Boringness preface begins with identifying the essence of what is boring in general, this is where Kant identified the fact that the essence of boring is discussing Kant. And this identification seems pretty objective to me. And I don't see where Kant ever claimed that lameness and nonlameness are essentially the same, that is, their underlying essence is discussing Kant or something else. Where is the commonality between them? Their definitions as "making boring observations vs. discussing something in your own words for the love of God" seems pretty polarized to me. What is at essence here is the matter of inclination vs. duty (whatever that means). Kant's example of the Interestingist shows that talking about things in a way that makes people want to hear them is not necessarily moral since his is only a matter of inclination, he is naturally inclined towards putting people asleep. Thus your statement, "As to what boringness is about essentially: I find that it is the contrast
    between helping people find out what is boring the long way and being interesting" turns out to be fallacious. Your focus on the "excessiveness" of small points that take a wall of text identifies your standpoint as non-INTPenean, thus the fallacy involved here is known as the "fallacy of the Golden ant-INTP," among other things.
    (Don't see the URL though, I just put it in there)

something something something something priori and I have to go to work bye.

Fixed

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

For those few who are interested, the "middle ground fallacy" page is here: http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...le-ground.html

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

More of my intp writing:

Morality is grounded in the good will, a will that is which is good in and of itself. If the will were not intrinsically good (not just free) there would be no point to morals which concerns the form of the good. There would be no point in debating the virtue of selfishness vs. unselfishness without some standard of that which is absolutely and not merely relatively good, particularly with reference to developing this inherent goodness against inclinations which limit freedom. Inclinations to unselfishness must at best be termed amoral.