User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 110

  1. #71
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,490

    Default

    This thread is very disconcerting to me, it must be my Fi talking. It kind of feels like getting into a fist fight at a funeral reception over the last salmon puff.

  2. #72
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    This thread is very disconcerting to me, it must be my Fi talking. It kind of feels like getting into a fist fight at a funeral reception over the last salmon puff.
    yeah, probably because you took it personally, somehow. i don't think the rest of us have (except for op) because we didn't see it and it wasn't anyone close to us, so i guess we are all more or less analyzing it as a theoretical situation rather than a real one. (i think, obviously this is my interpretation, especially because i'm an enfp too and it's not affecting me)

  3. #73
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    This thread is very disconcerting to me, it must be my Fi talking. It kind of feels like getting into a fist fight at a funeral reception over the last salmon puff.
    no kidding, we have some pathetic people jumping in to give their undesirable opinions.

  4. #74
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    yeah, there's only a 3 percent success rate last I heard. And then quality of life following depends on how quickly they could respond amongst other things. (And they are changing the standards a bit to improve the numbers.)
    Facts aside, that is extremely disturbing. I think for the most part people covered in this thread.
    There's not much you can say that doesn't sound cliche, (life is fragile, etc.) It's like the mind is always protecting you from the reality of it but then suddenly it's right in front of you, a sudden death, you end up losing those (needed) protections for a little while.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  5. #75
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    yeah, there's only a 3 percent success rate last I heard. And then quality of life following depends on how quickly they could respond amongst other things. (And they are changing the standards a bit to improve the numbers.)
    Facts aside, that is extremely disturbing. I think for the most part people covered in this thread.
    There's not much you can say that doesn't sound cliche, (life is fragile, etc.) It's like the mind is always protecting you from the reality of it but then suddenly it's right in front of you, a sudden death, you end up losing those (needed) protections for a little while.
    I think about death quite a bit actually usually when riding my car I know how fast things can change. I drive for long hours, longer than most people so I know my chances of an accident are higher thus I drive on the defense because of this.

  6. #76
    Member Kimchitasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    N
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I'm quite aware. I still don't see your point. How is my experience, although much worse, acceptable, while his is not? How is telling him that he'll move on and eventually forget about it, a bad thing? I don't see the irrelevance of my comment in relation to his experience, just because I "have seen it but he has not". That makes no sense to me what so ever. Do you think my comment came from a mind trained to see tragedy? Do you see the hypocrisy of your statement?
    I think what Dee said is valid, although it comes off as quite callous. Had it been a bit more thought out her statement would have avoided all the attention it got. However, all this ganging up on her is completely unnecessary and symptomatic of gang mentality. Dee has a right to state her opinion on the matter. And who are we to point fingers and invalidate her statement?

  7. #77
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Interesting thread.

    Death is always a touchy subject -- people tend to project their sensitivities a lot on the matter. I think the breakdown in conversation here also has a lot to do with people not being able to hear each other or see each other's faces.

    Humor is a very natural response -- it can ease the shock. That being said, it can also easily offend.

    Anyway, witnessing the fragility of the human body in the first person is quite an intense experience -- it's just the way we're wired.

  8. #78
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Interesting thread.
    .
    Human behavior is fascinating as well.

  9. #79
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    This thread is very disconcerting to me, it must be my Fi talking. It kind of feels like getting into a fist fight at a funeral reception over the last salmon puff.
    There wouldn't be a fist fight, 'cuz I'd shoot the first POS who reached for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    It happens to people daily, he's not special because he saw someone die. What do you expect to happen when someone dies in a busy intersection? shut down the road for days to mourn them?

    You didn't challenge my thinking, you disregarded it completely.
    Who wants to take bets on how long it'll be before Gish's next ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Was just wondering how "fluffy" watching someone die is.
    My guess would be not very.
    This is why I wondered if I are lurking (now posting) in a troll thrad.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

  10. #80
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default


Similar Threads

  1. Man Dies After Tapeworm Inside Him Gets Cancer
    By Olm the Water King in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 11:56 AM
  2. World's Oldest Man Dies at 114
    By Savage Idealist in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
  3. brittany murphy died today
    By Tigerlily in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 02:23 AM
  4. Praying Man Lets His Daughter Die
    By Blank in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 08:20 AM
  5. Director John Hughes Died Today
    By Tigerlily in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO