User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Excuse me? Care to explain yourself?

I thought it was pretty clear:
    200,000 die daily, and we do not witness those.
    But I think just about anyone would have a little more reaction to that death intruding right in front of them.
    Which means they have to work through it somehow.

Which is what hit jixmix. if someone hadn't seemingly croaked in front of him, he wouldn't have started this thread nor posted the comment that you quoted, but this made him think of that and it's sticking with him.

This ain't rocket science, I think my point was pretty self-explanatory.
    If you don't like to have your thinking challenged, make it a little more soundproof next time.
    It happens to people daily, he's not special because he saw someone die. What do you expect to happen when someone dies in a busy intersection? shut down the road for days to mourn them?

You didn't challenge my thinking, you disregarded it completely.
    Whoops.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Yes, there is a lot of immaturity in this topic here. I think attitudes would change if there was actual experience of death combined with some self awareness.
    Since I’m one of the people that did not respond seriously in this thread, then this comment must include me. Are you implying that I have no experience with death or lack self-awareness? You gotta be kidding me.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Since I’m one of the people that did not respond seriously in this thread, then this comment must include me. Are you implying that I have no experience with death or lack self-awareness? You gotta be kidding me.

SingSmileShine

Oh, dear. I am so sorry that you had to witness that, @jixmixfix!

He will be in my prayers, as will you. What a shame that it had to happen during the holidays.

Do you believe in Heaven? Remember that he's in a better place if you do. If you don't, I apologize for being the preacher.

I cannot understand why some of the participants in this thread are so determined to not allow jix a public moment of reflection on a jarring event. So he reacted differently than you might've? Okay, and? So his perspective is less valid than yours because why?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    STUF

We reflected on his reflection, I didn't hold him at gunpoint and tell him to stop crying. What makes his viewpoint more valid than mine?
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The world needs more Fe.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I'm quite aware. I still don't see your point. How is my experience, although much worse, acceptable, while his is not? How is telling him that he'll move on and eventually forget about it, a bad thing? I don't see the irrelevance of my comment in relation to his experience, just because I "have seen it but he has not". That makes no sense to me what so ever. Do you think my comment came from a mind trained to see tragedy? Do you see the hypocrisy of your statement?
    I find you hilarious in thinking my statements are hypocritical.

Your statement was rude and dismissive regardless of what you have experienced. This isn't a contest over who has had a Shittier life. I've also seen worse, but I don't consider it a valid point in what jix experienced.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I find you hilarious in thinking my statements are hypocritical.

Your statement was rude and dismissive regardless of what you have experienced. This isn't a contest over who has had a Shittier life. I've also seen worse, but I don't consider it a valid point in what jix experienced.
    Lol, why do you feel the need to mention you've seen worse and then state it is no competition? I don't know how many times I have to explain my point. Your constant attempt to label my post as rude and dismissive are the only reason you're lacking the ability to see that I did not invalidate his experienced, merely stated it wasn't a milestone experience. You can perceive my point any negative way you want, it doesn't make it so. Stop pushing your morals on me.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Oh yeah, well I give you two wubbies:

Which means I win, because after all, this is a competition, right?