User Tag List

First 91011

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Nurses are in the field of health, Doctors are in the field of medicine, Nurses have their own scope of practice and knowledge that doctors don't have, they are not "doctor's assistants" or "less educated medicine people". They are less educated, yes- but in a different field all together. If you want to be really technical, it's like saying the CNA is below the physical therapist. There are two career paths there, both within healthcare. A "physician's assistant" is a physicians assistant. A nurse is a nurse.
    Doctors still has more authority than a nurse. A nurse hardly tells a doctor what to do but a doctor can direct a nurse what to do. A doctor needs to tell a nurse what medications, procedures etc a patient needs. This is what I mean when I say doctors are "above" nurses.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I feel like.. Everyone knows the intentions of the thread.. but just sort of puts in their two cents because they want to. Like when someone starts a thread going, "Omg I love guns guys!" and everyone goes "Why? Guns kill people and also they suck." ... Yes, the point is valid. And the viewpoint is also valid.. but the intentions of the thread isn't really to see every viewpoint there is. It wasn't "What do you think about watching a stranger die infront of you?" ... the point was a lot more personal and bit more intentionally guided.
    That nails it. Sometimes people are deliberately obtuse so they can justify behaving like assholes.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Doctors still has more authority than a nurse. A nurse hardly tells a doctor what to do but a doctor can direct a nurse what to do. A doctor needs to tell a nurse what medications, procedures etc a patient needs. This is what I mean when I say doctors are "above" nurses.
    This is true, but also means doctors are above everyone in the healthcare field- the dietician, the physical therapist, the respiratory people, the speech guy, and all the aides, and pretty much everyone else involved in patient care. No one tells the doctor what to do and the doctor signs the orders and writes the treatments, but all have their own separate knowledge in the field.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    This is true, but also means doctors are above everyone in the healthcare field- the dietician, the physical therapist, the respiratory people, the speech guy, and all the aides, and pretty much everyone else involved in patient care. No one tells the doctor what to do and the doctor signs the orders and writes the treatments, but all have their own separate knowledge in the field.
    I see your point but a nurses Job revolves around taking orders from the doctor while the other jobs or "fields" are independent of the doctors orders.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I see your point but a nurses Job revolves around taking orders from the doctor while the other jobs or "fields" are independent of the doctors orders.
    No. The nurses job revolves around knowing the patients entire status, spiritual, physical, emotional- we are supposed to collaborate care between all healthcare members and help everyone on the team communicate and decide on the most effective all-team care possible- we are the whole-picture holders. Family meetings, teaching, helping you to attain the best quality of life outside the hospital- (or in what ever environment you may be in) and outside the realm of what medications you are taking and what procedure we are doing next. The doctors job revolves around medicine, pathology, and treatments. It is only an overlap. We all overlap with the physician. Nurses also overlap with all the other team members around and relate how everything connects for the health of the patient. Sometimes that even means the nurse standing in front of the doctor and listing things they would like to see him/her sign- (or the speech therapist can write an order that they want the doc to sign as well/ or a nurse walking up to the dietician and asking for things and visa versa and someone asking the physician to sign it.) Hey, sometimes the nurse doesn't need to call a doctor at all. Sometimes the nurse needs to call the priest or the social worker or nearest family member- and it has nothing to do with the doctor.

(Edit: Many of the speediest recoveries I've seen were ones where I had total control- including the physician and other health team members taking all of my suggestions. But please, next time you are sick and have an RN in your charge, remind him/her to revolve all your health decisions on the doctor's orders-sorry for the derail, but the ignorance was too overwhelming.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

That's obvious but my point was that it was more apparent with nurses than doctors, I've yet to meet a really bad doctor(even though they are plenty out there) but I've met quite a few bad nurses.
    I have met some truley terrible doctors. Perhaps the most damaging aspect is their inability to admit they do not know the answer or they have doubt. They MUST be all knowing?? Rather than openly admit this, they endless refer the patient onwards. Even worse, they blame the patient for their own health issues. However folks will belive them simply due to their advanced degree and perceived higher level of social status that is deserving of respect.

Not all docs, mind you, but some. Unskilled nurses I have met, but not bad nurses.

as for people dying, I have watched several people and animals die myself. There is something about it which drains one of emotion, and brings a clinical, absent feel to mind. With the animals, the largest desire was to see them no longer in pain-the emotional relief was understanding their sufferring had ceased. With the people, it is so much more...abstract and distant. Often they were heavily drugged or unconscious, thus it was simply a cessation of life. But they did not seem like people at this point....they as they lay in front of me, were no longer what they had been before. It was like they had already died, and I was just observing the ineiveitable end of the story. While they lived, they were beautiful and complex, but as they died, it really was simply like sleep.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    context of the situation is there. If someone posted, "Omg my mom died guys..".. I'm sure no one would think to write "So what? THousands of moms die every day." The context is quite obviously personal and meant to inspire some thought on mortality and mayhap some empathetic responses.. not to debate about whether people die and if it sucks or not.
    You're comparing a person watching their mother die to a stranger thinking they just watched a another stranger possibly die from a distance?

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    You're comparing a person watching their mother die to a stranger thinking they just watched a another stranger possibly die from a distance?
    That makes kyuuei either the most compassionate soldier ever or just another indifferent child.

Hate

The hypocrisy in this thread is just mind blowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    This thread is just mind-blowing.
    This forum is just mind blowing.

<wins thread>

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It was an analogy, not made to compare those two instances together, merely to show that the thread is personal even if it didn't seem to be via a more personal analogy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge