User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 110

  1. #91
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    I feel like.. Everyone knows the intentions of the thread.. but just sort of puts in their two cents because they want to. Like when someone starts a thread going, "Omg I love guns guys!" and everyone goes "Why? Guns kill people and also they suck." ... Yes, the point is valid. And the viewpoint is also valid.. but the intentions of the thread isn't really to see every viewpoint there is. It wasn't "What do you think about watching a stranger die infront of you?" ... the point was a lot more personal and bit more intentionally guided.

    Technically everyone has a valid point to bring. But.. seeing as it's a personal mark, comments that are perfectly valid and debate worthy in another thread just seem dismissive and crude in this one. The context of the situation is there. If someone posted, "Omg my mom died guys..".. I'm sure no one would think to write "So what? THousands of moms die every day." The context is quite obviously personal and meant to inspire some thought on mortality and mayhap some empathetic responses.. not to debate about whether people die and if it sucks or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I hear people in the medical field say some pretty psychopathic shit and usually those who are below the doctors like the dumb fukc nurses and paramedics.
    To the defense of that sort of world.. It can sound a bit psychopathic in and of itself.. But no one is capable of working that field for long, and burns out easily if they do, if they always take an empathetic position on the matter. It's easier to be callous and excited about their job... it helps them complete it to the best of their abilities--and thus in turn it helps the very people they're being callous about. It's a sort of mentality that isn't for everyone, for sure... but it's warranted. It's a mental safety barrier.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  2. #92
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I hear people in the medical field say some pretty psychopathic shit and usually those who are below the doctors like the dumb fukc nurses and paramedics.
    You are very misinformed about who is "below" the doctors, sir.

    Doctors are highly educated in the field of medicine
    Nurses have varying levels of education in the field of health
    Physicians assistants are "below" doctors
    Nurses are "below" nurse managers and directors of nursing.

    Kind of a side topic.
    Also, I would agree with @kyuuei- and it's the reason why most people can't go into the field. Would you rather the EMT be panicked, irrational, and tearful while giving you CPR? They go into it because of the adrenaline rush.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  3. #93
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    To the defense of that sort of world.. It can sound a bit psychopathic in and of itself.. But no one is capable of working that field for long, and burns out easily if they do, if they always take an empathetic position on the matter. It's easier to be callous and excited about their job... it helps them complete it to the best of their abilities--and thus in turn it helps the very people they're being callous about. It's a sort of mentality that isn't for everyone, for sure... but it's warranted. It's a mental safety barrier.
    What I've heard seen/experienced isn't a mental safety barrier at all, unlike doctors (some) nurses look down on their patients and totally disrespect their patients wishes, opinions etc. Even if they need to assist in medical procedures they can be extremely unforgiving and heartless.

  4. #94
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    You are very misinformed about who is "below" the doctors, sir.

    Doctors are highly educated in the field of medicine
    Nurses have varying levels of education in the field of health
    Physicians assistants are "below" doctors
    Nurses are "below" nurse managers and directors of nursing.

    Kind of a side topic.
    Also, I would agree with @kyuuei- and it's the reason why most people can't go into the field. Would you rather the EMT be panicked, irrational, and tearful while giving you CPR? They go into it because of the adrenaline rush.
    here you just stated that nurses are below doctors.

  5. #95
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    here you just stated that nurses are below doctors.
    Where? In the education level? That's like saying that janitors are below lawyers.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #96
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What I've heard seen/experienced isn't a mental safety barrier at all, unlike doctors (some) nurses look down on their patients and totally disrespect their patients wishes, opinions etc. Even if they need to assist in medical procedures they can be extremely unforgiving and heartless.
    Well, I was stating a general defense.. you're going to find assholes and people who shouldn't be doing their particular job in any field you come across.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    here you just stated that nurses are below doctors.
    They're two entirely separate categories... Doctors are educated for specific things, but in a different way than a nurse. Nurses are more practical, overall-knowledge bearers... and their educations come in much wider ranges. Some nurses can be well more experienced and trained in a particular field than a doctor.

    A doctor is more 'educated' on paper, but the field itself is wide... They could be research doctors, never coming into contact with patients outside of a few clinical rounds. They could be pathology-invested, and have no idea what they're doing with delivering babies since they haven't touched the subject in forever.. etc. Doctors and nurses frequently overlap each other.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  7. #97
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Where? In the education level? That's like saying that janitors are below lawyers.
    Nurses and doctors are both in the medical field Nurses are assistants they have education in health. Janitors and lawyers aren't in the same field a janitor doesn't practice law in his field of work.

  8. #98
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Nurses and doctors are both in the medical field Nurses are assistants they have education in health. Janitors and lawyers aren't in the same field a janitor doesn't practice law.
    Nurses are in the field of health, Doctors are in the field of medicine, Nurses have their own scope of practice and knowledge that doctors don't have, they are not "doctor's assistants" or "less educated medicine people". They are less educated, yes- but in a different field all together. If you want to be really technical, it's like saying the CNA is below the physical therapist. There are two career paths there, both within healthcare. A "physician's assistant" is a physicians assistant. A nurse is a nurse.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  9. #99
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Well, I was stating a general defense.. you're going to find assholes and people who shouldn't be doing their particular job in any field you come across.
    That's obvious but my point was that it was more apparent with nurses than doctors, I've yet to meet a really bad doctor(even though they are plenty out there) but I've met quite a few bad nurses.

  10. #100
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I feel like.. Everyone knows the intentions of the thread.. but just sort of puts in their two cents because they want to. Like when someone starts a thread going, "Omg I love guns guys!" and everyone goes "Why? Guns kill people and also they suck." ... Yes, the point is valid. And the viewpoint is also valid.. but the intentions of the thread isn't really to see every viewpoint there is. It wasn't "What do you think about watching a stranger die infront of you?" ... the point was a lot more personal and bit more intentionally guided.

    Technically everyone has a valid point to bring. But.. seeing as it's a personal mark, comments that are perfectly valid and debate worthy in another thread just seem dismissive and crude in this one. The context of the situation is there. If someone posted, "Omg my mom died guys..".. I'm sure no one would think to write "So what? THousands of moms die every day." The context is quite obviously personal and meant to inspire some thought on mortality and mayhap some empathetic responses.. not to debate about whether people die and if it sucks or not.



    To the defense of that sort of world.. It can sound a bit psychopathic in and of itself.. But no one is capable of working that field for long, and burns out easily if they do, if they always take an empathetic position on the matter. It's easier to be callous and excited about their job... it helps them complete it to the best of their abilities--and thus in turn it helps the very people they're being callous about. It's a sort of mentality that isn't for everyone, for sure... but it's warranted. It's a mental safety barrier.
    @bold: great post and summation, kyuuei!

Similar Threads

  1. Man Dies After Tapeworm Inside Him Gets Cancer
    By Olm the Water King in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 11:56 AM
  2. World's Oldest Man Dies at 114
    By Savage Idealist in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
  3. brittany murphy died today
    By Tigerlily in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 02:23 AM
  4. Praying Man Lets His Daughter Die
    By Blank in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 08:20 AM
  5. Director John Hughes Died Today
    By Tigerlily in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO