User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I have perma bad breath, largly due to my impacted wisdom teeth. My breath goes bad just a few hours after brushing. It sucks. A tongue scraper does wonders though and helps manage it.
    Why don't you just remove your wisdom teeth? I got 3/4 of them out.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Why don't you just remove your wisdom teeth? I got 3/4 of them out.
    1. Time. I can't afford to be out of grad school for a week. I could make it work, but I am not willing to do so unless they HAVE to come out due to pain or disease.

2. Expenses. I have dental insurance, but this will still cost me because impacted is major surgery, and I suspect they'll have to break my jaw to get them out. If the latter has to happen, someones going to have to practicly drag me to get it done.

3. I've never been knocked out before I'm VERY afraid of pain, and by extension I am afraid of waking up. By further extension, I will refuse surgery unless I am 100% knocked out. None of this twilight business. Most places aren't willing do that, and I am not willing to bend.

4. I am afraid of other dental problems that could emerge from their removal, the long term care, and the fact that my father's teeth became worse once his were removed.

5. Again I really just do not have time for this BS.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

1. Time. I can't afford to be out of grad school for a week. I could make it work, but I am not willing to do so unless they HAVE to come out due to pain or disease.

2. Expenses. I have dental insurance, but this will still cost me because impacted is major surgery, and I suspect they'll have to break my jaw to get them out. If the latter has to happen, someones going to have to practicly drag me to get it done.

3. I've never been knocked out before I'm VERY afraid of pain, and by extension I am afraid of waking up. By further extension, I will refuse surgery unless I am 100% knocked out. None of this twilight business. Most places aren't willing do that, and I am not willing to bend.

4. I am afraid of other dental problems that could emerge from their removal, the long term care, and the fact that my father's teeth became worse once his were removed.

5. Again I really just do not have time for this BS.
    Sorry for your circumstance. If it makes you feel better (it probably won't) I wasn't knocked out while they broke mine into pieces and tried removing it while applying topical pain-killers. It was a good thing, I'm used to both kinds of pain in my life (that's a different story) so it sucked, but at the same time I survived, although I took more pain meds than I was prescribed. They told me I was very brave.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Sorry for your circumstance. If it makes you feel better (it probably won't) I wasn't knocked out while they broke mine into pieces and tried removing it while applying topical pain-killers. It was a good thing, I'm used to both kinds of pain in my life (that's a different story) so it sucked, but at the same time I survived, although I took more pain meds than I was prescribed. They told me I was very brave.
    Oh it's no problem at all. I honestly care very little. I've been dealing with them for a solid 6 years now and it really doesn't bother me because I am so used to it. I'd like them gone, but I worry the benefit of it will be small and therefore not worth it. It is what it is and I focused on other stuff that's more important.

As I said, I am going to demand I am put fully under, and will shop around for a DDS who will do so.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Oh it's no problem at all. I honestly care very little. I've been dealing with them for a solid 6 years now and it really doesn't bother me because I am so used to it. I'd like them gone, but I worry the benefit of it will be small and therefore not worth it. It is what it is and I focused on other stuff that's more important.

As I said, I am going to demand I am put fully under, and will shop around for a DDS who will do so.
    Glad you know your priorities. For the last wisdom tooth I will demand I will be knocked out too.
    Likes Hard liked this post