User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Christmas Presents

Has anyone begun to think about what they will get people for Christmas yet?

Glycerine

I have....sometimes I start thinking about gifts for next year the day after xmas. lol The thought that frequently crosses my mind when I go shopping is "ooohhhh, so and so would like this...." even when I am supposed to be buying something for myself. It gets annoying... lol I once bought a present 6 months in advance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

After I found out there was no Santa Claus, I never understood the point of Xmas. What is the point of receiving something if you have to get something for someone else in return? Why not just get what you want by yourself and other people will get what they want?

And I hate that my parents told me about Santa Claus. The bottom line is that it's lying to your children in order to control them. And of course, it's okay to lie to the kids as long as it's a part of a long-standing tradition, which is sick.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Has anyone begun to think about what they will get people for Christmas yet?
    yes . i love finding the perfect gift for someone i love. a lot of times i like creating a gift for someone. some years i have made a painting just for them, or a quilt, or a hand-made book of poetry.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Christmas? I don't even have a halloween costume idea yet.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah, starting to think about it.. maybe I can catch some sales before the retailers go into full Christmas mode. Of course, they probably already are in full Christmas mode.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Been coming up with ideas. Looking for wish lists from the family to come around so then I can decide exactly what they would really like to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I refuse to do ANYTHING christmas related until around Thanksgiving timeframes... EXCEPT present shopping. If someone's got a GREAT deal on it, I try all year around to keep my friends and family in mind, and my careful budget means if I want to buy presents for everyone I need to keep my eyes open 24/7.

Example: dealmac.com is something I check frequently.. They recently posted something about a spice gift-thing that was only like $5 with shipping for a gazillion free stuff. Things like that I buy, and then when the obligatory acquaintance gifts come around I just give them the free or near-free stuff I've bought throughout the year.

Also, keeping my eyes open all the time means that sometimes I score perfect gifts for others way in advance--so stashing them and knowing I got the most awesome gift ever for that person feels good. Like another thing checked off the list.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yup, I've thought of ideas for most people, and even got half of the shopping done already!

For mom: coral necklace and tropical photo quilt squares from Australia
    For dad: jerky and t-shirt from Australia, and CD of early MN lumberjack songs
    For brother: matted print of two dragons fighting from Ren Fest
    For sister-in-law (spouse's wife): stained glass candle holder from Fest
    For mother-in-law: Pretty journal
    For father-in-law: jerky from Australia, and CD of early MN lumberjack songs

For our Christmas presents to each other (and a little extra....), the spouse and are giving each other a vacation in New Zealand in February. I am going there for work, and I'm going to go a week early with the spouse for some vacation before my work obligations begin.

Still need ideas for my brother's wife and my one good friend that I exchange gifts with. The other BFF and I always do a dinner or other outing together-- the gift of time, instead of material gifts.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Yup, I've thought of ideas for most people, and even got half of the shopping done already!.
    I like how your list looks a lot like mine.

I have the presents figured out for my army buddies.. I always buy my team and my leadership something small and somewhat emotionally distant. Family I piece it out the way you did, and friends I get as I can afford.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge