User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: $100 to spend

MBTI
    istp

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    buy a bunch of LSD and have a crazy trip. then spend the next few weeks obsessing over it.

and you'd still have like 70 bucks.
    Get a bunch of LSD and some food and beverages and go to MAGIC MOUNTAIN!
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

Get a good DVD series of something that interests you. Rescue Me, The Office, Band of Brothers etc.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

So far, I bought a vocab building book and a book on meditation.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    So far, I bought a vocab building book.
    I need one of these.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Indeed.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You do know this is like painting a big red and white target on your back?

... I mean, it only took me about 3 seconds to have 25 different highly inappropriate things run through my mind.... but I won't frighten you by posting them.
    Yeah, I was going to suggest a strip club honestly. You might meet a girl there and that would definitely occupy you for at least a week or so. Then I remembered you have a gf (congrats) and would probably be opposed to going to such a 'gentleman's club'

You should get some foreign language software. Can be as cheap as $9.99 in bargain bins. Learning a language alone is hard because where do you start? But I think learning a few words and phrases can occupy you and is actually something useful. More decorations for your personality!

If you wanted to flex those NT muscles, reading up on poker or blackjack theory and playing a few online or real rounds will occupy you. Then again, you want the $100 to last you a few weeks and if you're bad, it'll last you 3-5 minutes.

A gym/yoga membership? Some many have just monthly memberships. That'll keep you occupied...unless you're lazy.

Take classes at a community center or college. There are lots of 6 week classes in cooking, botany/gardening, painting -- some of the things you sad you were interested in re: 'decorations'. You can also pay for individual lessons in swimming, etc.

Enter a writing contest.

Get some really, really cheap headshots taken. Like for free but you would just pay for the physical prints. Then go to auditions. Your money pays for gas!

Rent a car (I'm assuiming being in LA you have one though?) and run off for a cheap getaway somewhere in SoCal. Maybe you can take the girl with you! The memories won't last just a few weeks, they'll last a lifetime! Plus, you can maybe write a travelogue on it and learn some basic weak HTML and create a page about it.

Hey, why don't you buy a book on web design and make a web page, that'll definitely keep you occupied.

Be a dork, b Buy a bunch of Magic or other strategy/fantasy game cards and hole up in your local gaming hall. That $100 should last you a month as you buy ever more rare cards to bulk up your perfect deck. Don't forget the card protectors, now that they got rid of that 'no glare' rule in competitions.

Umm...are these helping at all? 'Cause I got more.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 04-09-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: :whistling:
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Yeah, I was going to suggest a strip club honestly. You might meet a girl there and that would definitely occupy you for at least a week or so. Then I remembered you have a gf (congrats) and would probably be opposed to going to such a 'gentleman's club'
    Where do you think I met my girl?

Actually, I met her on Jdate.

You should get some foreign language software. Can be as cheap as $9.99 in bargain bins. Learning a language alone is hard because where do you start? But I think learning a few words and phrases can occupy you and is actually something useful. More decorations for your personality!
    Not a bad idea. I'm into Japanese culture and gardening. Hm. Hmmm. Bonsai trees are too expensive, and I kill them, so maybe something a little bit...a book?

If you wanted to flex those NT muscles, reading up on poker or blackjack theory and playing a few online or real rounds will occupy you. Then again, you want the $100 to last you a few weeks and if you're bad, it'll last you 3-5 minutes.
    Haha. I'm not really into card games, but I do strategy games that are more abstract.

A gym/yoga membership? Some many have just monthly memberships. That'll keep you occupied...unless you're lazy.
    I have a gym membership. I thought about the yoga thing, though. Right now, I have zero motivation, though. This site, YES, THIS SITE, IS SAPPING MY ENERGY LIKE A VAMPIRE. DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moving on.

Take classes at a community center or college. There are lots of 6 week classes in cooking, botany/gardening, painting -- some of the things you sad you were interested in re: 'decorations'. You can also pay for individual lessons in swimming, etc.
    Fabulous idea!

Enter a writing contest.
    Which reminds me. :whislting:

I just tried signing up for some advice-giving message boards. I like doin' that. It's not writing, but it's something. But it's free. UGH. I HATE WHEN THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE. /brat voice *folds arms*

Get some really, really cheap headshots taken. Like for free but you would just pay for the physical prints. Then go to auditions. Your money pays for gas!
    HMMM. I've never acted a fucking day in my life! I always thought I'd make an amazing actor, but I'm 99 100% sure I wouldn't. Still, might be fun. I'm people-phobic, tho.

Rent a car (I'm assuiming being in LA you have one though?) and run off for a cheap getaway somewhere in SoCal. Maybe you can take the girl with you! The memories won't last just a few weeks, they'll last a lifetime! Plus, you can maybe write a travelogue on it and learn some basic weak HTML and create a page about it.

[QUOTE]Hey, why don't you buy a book on web design and make a web page, that'll definitely keep you occupied.[/QUOTE

But... but... but I don't really have anything to write about except my gajillion ideas. Wait a second. WAIT JUST A DAMN SECOND. That's so crazy it just might work.

Be a dork, b Buy a bunch of Magic or other strategy/fantasy game cards and hole up in your local gaming hall. That $100 should last you a month as you buy ever more rare cards to bulk up your perfect deck. Don't forget the card protectors, now that they got rid of that 'no glare' rule in competitions.
    Uhhh... yeah............ no.

Umm...are these helping at all? 'Cause I got more.
    Bring it on you skanky biyatch!

(P.S. Before I get complaints, I swear that's a line from a movie)

(starring CzeCze)

(and me)

(and it never made it to theatre)

(because of its unapologetic misogyny)

(that I added in)

(last minute)

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Tantra classes. Or naked yoga.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    On a gift to myself.

What should I buy? I have no idea. I was thinking a book, but meh. I have tons of books to read. Any other ideas?

I want something that will will occupy my time for the next few weeks, like a book or project or something. Or something very useful (not clothes) that I'll enjoy.
    1. Lingerie for your girlfriend?

2. Massage classes or cooking classes for you.

3. Flowers & a gift for your mom.

4. Buy a travel book, and plan where you want to be, what you want to do, on your next birthday - and make that a holiday somewhere away from here.

5. Write.
    - An emotion you feel most deeply / An experience that defines you.
    - A love story
    - Use the following words in a short story not more than 5 sentences: hands. clock. rose. book. ice.
    - Start a story/poem: "A stranger smiled. And the mirror shattered."