User Tag List

View Poll Results: being attacked or butthurt and defensive?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • being attacked

1 12.50%
  • butthurt and defensive

1 12.50%
  • both

1 12.50%
  • neither (please elaborate)

5 62.50%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Lightbulb Vote: Being attacked or being defensive?

I was first accused of several things, among which I was called "butt hurt" and then "defensive". I wondered if I was being oversensitive, or if my reading of the situation was that far off. Thus, a poll!

Here is the first post: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1633332

Here is the second post: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1633809

Note that this is not meant in any way to be an attack on any member. I am simply curious about how accurately I portray my views and read situations given that I have tested as having low EQ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

That whole exchange was weird.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That whole exchange was weird.
    Weird how? I felt like I was misunderstood somewhere along the way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Weird how? I felt like I was misunderstood somewhere along the way.
    Yeah, you both seemed to be talking past each other. I didn't think she really was attacking you, but she was reading an emotional state (butt hurt and/or defensive) that wasn't present at all.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sometimes when people make comments of that type in that sort of context, the best thing to do is not to waste a lot of time trying to decipher them but just ignore them.

She just read the surface angst of your post without really understanding how you work, so you can legitimately ignore it.

I would just chalk it up to that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I don't know where she got "butt hurt" from.
    You were merely stating your opinion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

both. She was being dismissive of your post (which was kinda unfair because it was a valid post) however it appears that you let it get to you instead of rolling with the light jab. Thus you are likely also being oversensitive and its a bit of a wakeup call to develop a thinker skin.

I know it kinda sucks [some asshole accused me of being butthurt here before too] but if taken in perspective its kids stuff. its best to turn lemons into lemonade and use it as a red flag on the real need to toughen yourself up to protect yourself from the letdown of a more substantial attack.

PS. Also like myself at the moment, I suspect she may be still getting over quiting cigarettes and may be in a mood to say things that are kinda insensitive more than usual or otherwise to interpret them in a light that is less positive than usual.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I didn't read anything into what you posted, from my perspective it was misread with intent assumed.

I would also not read into prpls intent though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yeah, you both seemed to be talking past each other. I didn't think she really was attacking you, but she was reading an emotional state (butt hurt and/or defensive) that wasn't present at all.
    Yeah, that's what it seemed like to me too. I didn't read either of your posts as being the result of defensiveness or hurt feelings. At first it might have looked like you were hurt because most people were giving these short, lighthearted answers and you started seriously questioning the definition of adult, and she was just ribbing you over it. Then you read her tone as more hostile than it was meant.

People misreading each other over the internet. Who'd have thunk it.