User Tag List

Thread: It has begun.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default It has begun.

For years I have brainstormed, taken in inspiration, gained knowledge and ate a lot of cupcakes. And yesterday that day, the fateful day, has finally arrived.

I have put to paper approximately three hundred words. These three hundred words will be the first three hundred to guide my mind led hand towards inevitable victory and glory.

Words are flowing out of me, seizing me, taking me over one word at a time. The book of prophecy is in the making, and I am both the hammer and the chisel, the alpha and the omega, the balance and the chaos! Driven solemly toward the completion of what is already fated to be.

The first words has been set and many are to follow, so rejoice and look toward the future.

The book of prophecy, has finally embarked on its first journey.

So, like, I started on my first novel. How cool is that! I figure it'd be good for business to begin with a teaser in order to build up a fanbase, so it will hit off hard when the time comes! Just needs a little patience. It'll surely be ready in 15 or 16 years or so. For Spartaaaaaa! Rah hah hah!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

number of words in your post: 198

number of words in your alleged novel beginnings: 300

average posts per day: 7.58

average number of words in a normal novel: 50,000ish

estimated number of days to completion, given that this post is representative and your posts on TypoC are representative of your writing prolixity: 21.98

I hope to see a first draft in just over 3 weeks!
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Holy crap.

Actually, it's going to be a saga, a novel series, and there is lot to be done on world creation and the likes. So it's definately going to take longer than that.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

First couple chapters then?
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Time...

It will tell.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Holy crap.

Actually, it's going to be a saga, a novel series, and there is lot to be done on world creation and the likes. So it's definately going to take longer than that.
    Hello, novel writing brother. It's funny, that in order to write a novel, I needed to write the prequel.

After a stack of notebooks filled to the brim with world history, metaphysics, technology detail, character history, etc I was finally ready to begin!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hello, novel writing brother. It's funny, that in order to write a novel, I needed to write the prequel.

After a stack of notebooks filled to the brim with world history, metaphysics, technology detail, character history, etc I was finally ready to begin!
    And the funny thing is, much that needs to have an explanation prior to writing, will not need an actual explanation in the novels themselves. As long as there is one, out there, somewhere.

I'm going all in with this book, it's going to be fantasy with some bridges to our own world sure, there has to be some recognition in it after all to have the reader being able to go along with the story. But at the same time it has to be all new and original. Based on principles and laws unlike that of our own world (and that of other already existing fantasy worlds for that matter), without resorting to explanations like religion. Ofcourse, the characters in the book may resort to explanations like religion. But the underlying real truth has to have a sound explanation based on the laws and physics of that world. Even though that truthness may not be explained in the books themselves.

A mental projection of my fantasy world already exists inside my thoughts.

I'm all fired up.

And I've actually written a lot more than 300 words, and have even more ideas swimming in my head, but it's a good feeling that I find myself in a mental state I finally feel ready to begin this journey of discovery.