Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Jen, why people wouldn't like you?
    I know right?!

Thanks Alceraros.

And I know it's a fact that you can't be liked by everyone and vice versa, I was mostly wondering why I feel so surprised when someone actually likes me when I would have thought otherwise. Like the lady I mentioned above.

Cafe thank you and you know I feel the same way! I've been somewhat MIA too, but you know you can always locate me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

^ I think you seem very nice and helpful person so why wouldn't people like you. That is why I asked the question. And it's sometimes good to think the other side of the coin. If you ask why people don't like you, then you can ask yourself why wouldn't they also.

I'm usually surprise if I notice somebody REALLY likes me and I don't like them as much. Then I get confused because I want somekind of balanced realationships where I like somebody as much as they like me. I'm such a weird person. But the situations where I like somebody more than they like me, they are as much unbalanced. I withdraw in these unbalanced situations so my reaction is kind of funny but I really cannot explain why I do it.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Jennifer, thank you. You're very likable so I can't see why anyone (who isn't an ignorant asshole) wouldn't like you.

Seanan just curious how did I help you and how would I take your post as harsh? Your post makes sense, thank you. I tend to travel to the ENFJ side when it comes to making others around me feel comfortable. I am not showy or braggy and really hate that quality in others. It took me a long time to realize this, but there will always be someone prettier, wealthier, smarter, etc. so I have learned to try and accept me for who I am and not compare myself to others. I am much happier that way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Simple answer, NF paranoia.

NTs get paranoid about having the right answer, NFs seem to get paranoid about having the right personality.

Ask the hubby, he'll probably be able to point you in the right direction of being yourself and worrying less about if people recieve that as a good thing or a bad thing
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

^Good post.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I don't think theres anyone on these boards I dislike including you Jen. Sure theres a few people that somewhat annoy me at times, but I don't dislike them..

Then again, I'm an INFP so.. guess it doesn't really mean much comin from me does it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

It could be said that just about every person is found to be instantly unlikable by some other person, but then, not every person is equally dominant...
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I do it, too. I'm aware of it and I'm working on it, but it's a conscious effort.

FWIW, Jen, know this, do not forget this, do not doubt this: I like you.

I vanish into myself sometimes, but my feelings are no less fond.
    I second this!

Jen, hermits are still going to be hermits even with the benefit of your awesomeness. That said, I have a lot of fun with you and wish we lived closer so we could get together more regularly.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Seanan just curious how did I help you and how would I take your post as harsh? Your post makes sense, thank you. I tend to travel to the ENFJ side when it comes to making others around me feel comfortable. I am not showy or braggy and really hate that quality in others. It took me a long time to realize this, but there will always be someone prettier, wealthier, smarter, etc. so I have learned to try and accept me for who I am and not compare myself to others. I am much happier that way.
    My problem... people usually don't like me because I tend to just spit it out... so I make a practice of apologizing first.

You set me straight on why I offend some people... unknowingly telling them they're "wrong."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    My problem... people usually don't like me because I tend to just spit it out... so I make a practice of apologizing first.

You set me straight on why I offend some people... unknowingly telling them they're "wrong."
    You're going to have to elaborate. I prefer to be around people who get to the point quickly so spitting it out is much appreciated by me. Could you please spit out exactly what you mean in reference to my helping you quickly and efficiently? ;P

If we're right then everyone else must be wrong. hehe