User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Another celebrity dead

So Ryan Dunn is dead apparently unless this is some weird Jackass stunt.

Actually could he be considered a celebrity? Hmmm

People seem to be dying .. What's with that??

Lets turn this into a serious dicussion .. How does the death of celebrities affect you?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh, i better answer.

I don't care .. Great they brought something to peoples lives (and the jackass crew made me laugh) .. But so did those who were not considered a celebrity.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    People seem to be dying .. What's with that??
    Must be some type of disease that the book selling herb doctors or scientists haven’t figured out a cure for yet.

And not much.

I didn't know Ryan Dunn, was never into Jackass or the whole thing. I was upset when Stevie Ray Vaughn died, that is the only time I can remember.

There was an article I read where the author hypothesized that because we feel now close to celebrities, the amount of deaths we feel emotionally will be much more than before. And went on saying how that may affect our psyche.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Someone and I were just talking about this a few days, like wow none of the Jackass guys are dead yet.

So weird.

But Ryan Dunn didn't die because of some kind of celebrity death trend, he died because he took a lot of risks in his life, and one was bound to get him (or one of the other Jackass dudes) sooner or later.

This is more "quelle surprise" than "oh no what a shock."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Or he was just being stupid.

From Reuters:

Actor Ryan Dunn, a star of the "Jackass" movie franchise, died early Monday when the 2007 Porsche he was driving careened off a highway and burst into flames.

An unidentified passenger also died in the crash at 2:38 a.m. local time.

Police in West Goshen Township, a western suburb of Philadelphia, said they found the car off the road in a wooded area. They said it was "fully engulfed in flames."

A police statement said a "preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident."

Dunn, 34, born in Medina, Ohio, lived in nearby West Chester, Pennsylvania, police said.

Shortly before the accident, Dunn posted a photo to his Twitter account at 1 a.m. which apparently showed him drinking with friends.
    I guess we'll learn more when they study the accident site.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Or he was just being stupid.

From Reuters:

I guess we'll learn more when they study the accident site.
    Same difference. A person who takes a lot of risks takes a lot of risks, whether on or off camera. I know he died from drinking and driving, I mean someone with the general personality that they can do outrageous physical stunts constantly and not get seriously injured or die...that's going to carry over into the rest of their life.

ReflecTcelfeR

You'd figure they were going fast enough in the car. /distasteful joke

It's a little ironic; they do those stunts on purpose out of stupidity and he dies off the job. Death seems strange and I probably don't take it seriously enough... May he rest in peace.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think they did those stunts out of stupidity, always.

I think most of the Jackass crew are like SPs (even more likely STP) who have a Se need to prove their prowess physically, not entirely unlike playing professional football (where you can get massive head injuries) or doing Xtreme sports.

They did a lot of things because they were making bank, they were making huge money. But I think people who trust their Se that much, know how to manipulate most physical situations to prevent being injured, get very cocky about the ability to do so, and may start to feel invincible if they aren't balancing it with other functions (Ti, Te, etc.) ...they have the physical abilities to do it 99 percent of the time, but there's that one time...

I think Bam Margera calmed down a lot, I think he grew up and learned a healthy sense of caution. Apparently Ryan Dunn didn't, because my ex used to point out that he thought Ryan Dunn was one of the guys most likely to die.

I don't know, maybe Ryan Dunn was a little stupid, but you know while it's kind of sad, he went out doing the kind of thing he loved to do.

ReflecTcelfeR

I understand it, but it generally does go against our survival instincts, or perhaps it is the delusion that they couldn't die that motivates them, but that's just as insane. I'm sure he'd want to go out like that.