First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    If OSX was the more used OS all the games would be made for it rather than windows

The fact that it can't run games is due to them being MADE for windows, nothing more, nothing less its STILL a much more stable, much BETTER OS

Games are made for whatever OS is more popular
    Not for which OS is better

But seriously, just buy an xbox... who wouldn't want to play on a huge HD tv anyway?

pfft people are weird...
    i have a ps3, a wii (with a hd tv) and a computer. i use my computer to play on mostly, because it's more comfortable. i hate having a joypad as the only thing to maneuver around with, especially in games that can be played better on a pc.

besides, there's a reason why mac systems aren't populated by games, and it isn't the 'games for windows' tag. problems such as the lack of a proper graphic API (linux uses openGL, i'm not even sure mac has that) or lack of desktop hardware will persist because macs are mostly only mobile (and even then, mac desktop workstations offer very little advantage over their laptops in terms of real-time graphic processing).

macs are essentially the middle ground for people that aren't savvy enough for neither linux nor windows. with what i have seen coming from the mac's userbase, i have lost all respect for them. plus, apple is a company that is rigid (and not adaptive) in it's principles, and i cannot for personal principles support this form of rigidity.

granted, windows isn't perfect, but it offers a more viable alternative from a business that at least dares to try new things. you should check out windows 7 when it comes out. rumor has it that it rivals OSX in stability. it should be noted that if windows restricted the users in the same way mac does, it could achieve the same stability as mac.

also, here's something:
    One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't...
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i have a ps3, a wii (with a hd tv) and a computer. i use my computer to play on mostly, because it's more comfortable. i hate having a joypad as the only thing to maneuver around with, especially in games that can be played better on a pc.

besides, there's a reason why mac systems aren't populated by games, and it isn't the 'games for windows' tag. problems such as the lack of a proper graphic API (linux uses openGL, i'm not even sure mac has that) or lack of desktop hardware will persist because macs are mostly only mobile (and even then, mac desktop workstations offer very little advantage over their laptops in terms of real-time graphic processing).

macs are essentially the middle ground for people that aren't savvy enough for neither linux nor windows. with what i have seen coming from the mac's userbase, i have lost all respect for them. plus, apple is a company that is rigid (and not adaptive) in it's principles, and i cannot for personal principles support this form of rigidity.

granted, windows isn't perfect, but it offers a more viable alternative from a business that at least dares to try new things. you should check out windows 7 when it comes out. rumor has it that it rivals OSX in stability. it should be noted that if windows restricted the users in the same way mac does, it could achieve the same stability as mac.

also, here's something:
    One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't...
    Really stupid argument and you don't lend much tech savy respect when you're double writing half your post.

I used Windows 2000 for a couple years, tired of it and switched to Linux, I can install it from line command so it's fair to say I know it well. Like Unix and the small form factor of Macs so I grabbed one and ran two Linux machines and a Mac, switched to two Mac and a Linux box and finally just the two Macs.

To say Mac restricts it's users is utter foolishness and a lack of knowledge. You seem to know OS X is based on Unix and it's open source, Windows is not. Windows is basically a car with the hood welded shut where as the Mac is not restricted in the same fashion.

All of my Linux programs are ported into my Mac with x11 so it's a no brainer in my eyes.

DO some research, arm yourself with information and we'll have this debate when you're up to the task.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    Really stupid argument and you don't lend much tech savy respect when you're double writing half your post.
    how is an argument at any time "really stupid"? how is that even a defense?

I used Windows 2000 for a couple years, tired of it and switched to Linux, I can install it from line command so it's fair to say I know it well. Like Unix and the small form factor of Macs so I grabbed one and ran two Linux machines and a Mac, switched to two Mac and a Linux box and finally just the two Macs.[/QUOTE]

tell me exactly how many of your mac peers would be able to do the same. from what you're saying i gather you haven't tried microsoft products after the switch?

To say Mac restricts it's users is utter foolishness and a lack of knowledge. You seem to know OS X is based on Unix and it's open source, Windows is not. Windows is basically a car with the hood welded shut where as the Mac is not restricted in the same fashion.
    oh please, how is it utter foolishness and lack of knowledge? please elaborate, i would LOVE to see the logical deduction that leads to the proof that believing macs restricting its users is "utter foolishness and lack of knowledge".

i used to work with tech support for a company that used macs for graphic design. it does restrict the users to just about what apple reckons they may use (prove me wrong). and while OSX may be open source, it doesn't implicate that it is a better system; just more accessible from the outside. it's a request-reply protocol; more input does not necessarily equal more output.

All of my Linux programs are ported into my Mac with x11 so it's a no brainer in my eyes.
    what does this have to do with anything? are we talking about the same thing here?

DO some research, arm yourself with information and we'll have this debate when you're up to the task.
    i haven't at any point said anything that isn't true (apart from perhaps the rumor). feel free to prove me wrong if you think you are so right. besides, if you're as tech savvy as you would have me believe, feel free to use the jargon and terms within. i didn't pick software development at uni for nothing.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    Where do you guys find your wallpapers?
    That's a lovely desktop you have. It looks great, and doesn't hurt the eyes like all the icons, default taskbar and whatnot tend to do.

I usually get my pictures from deviantART: where ART meets application!

Enneagram
    1w2

Merged various desktop threads.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

How very mergerious of you.

MBTI
    yupp

here it is, nothing impressive and this is clean and organized for me i usually have documents all the way to the other side of the screen
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    here it is, nothing impressive and this is clean and organized for me i usually have documents all the way to the other side of the screen
    Hmm, I wonder where I've seen that picture before.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Swiped from the link Wolfy posted
    Attached Images Attached Images