User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default How Do You Post So Much?

When I read the amount of posts people have, I'm just astonished. How do you post so much? Do you type really fast? Do you read really fast?

I read all posts, sometimes twice so I can get the gist of things. Then I type really slowly with three fingers (I've got more than three fingers- I just type badly).
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    When I read the amount of posts people have, I'm just astonished. How do you post so much? Do you type really fast? Do you read really fast?

I read all posts, sometimes twice so I can get the gist of things. Then I type really slowly with three fingers (I've got more than three fingers- I just type badly).
    Been around INTPc a long time. I got skillz.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    I read all posts, sometimes twice so I can get the gist of things.
    why do you need to read every post twice to get the gist of things? or are you being facetious?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP

That likely says more about the poster and the content then the reader.

I'll read a quality post several times.
    There are poorly organized posts. These may be from users I value so I want to understand the message.
    If you are gone from a forum a day there are spanking new inside jokes and references to decipher.
    My memory sucks. The order and manner I reply to someone needs (for me) to mirror the persons quote in my own response.

I reread posts as well.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    why do you need to read every post twice to get the gist of things? or are you being facetious?
    I read for literal meaning and for emotional impact.

I'll read a quality post several times.
    There are poorly organized posts. These may be from users I value so I want to understand the message.
    If you are gone from a forum a day there are spanking new inside jokes and references to decipher.
    My memory sucks. The order and manner I reply to someone needs (for me) to mirror the persons quote in my own response.
    And yeah, what Chaselation said too!
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

MBTI
    INFP

I have no life.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Like ctg, no life, coupled with the ability to rapidly read and type.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, some people post poor stuff so they have more posts but it means less or does not contain as much. Some people have trouble with properly wording/voicing their ideas for others to understand so a lot of posts are spent with people bantering back-in-forth about what something means or explaining it better. In contrast too, some people post 'please explain better h@xxorz' when it is really pretty obvious anyways and they have some problem about clarifying things. A lot of things simply become bad habits that are just realized in the form of having a lot of posts. Try not to worry (and yes, usually it is a combination of more than one thing, but that doesn't mean some things can't be more dominant towards the end result anyways)...Blah, blah, blah

Oh, one last thing is that some people start becoming attached to certain people they have posted with for a long time, so as this happens interest can grow and they can feel like talking more and more and more about everything about the person/people i.e understanding the person/people on a deeper level which can require many if not most people to test people in a variety of situations.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    I have no life.
    Same here, or rather, my current job requires short bursts of undivided attention, semi-attentive monitoring for about eight hours a day on weekdays, all day on weekends and in the summer, and I'm on call 24/7, but most of my tasks are not on a tight deadline and my boss is very lenient about my internet use and in general since I'm sleeping with him.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

hehehe