User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I had a coworker at my last job who had a BMW motorcycle arranged like that. Very cool.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Oberon

Well, if you like you can buy one brand new! BMW still makes boxer twins, but if you'd rather go retro and budget you need to look at the Ural motorcycle:

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Probably a fatboy under the customization, what do you think?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Probably a fatboy under the customization, what do you think?
    The silhouette suggests fatboy, but honestly if you're going to chop one that hard it could be anything. You could build that bike out of an 883 Sportster.

Oberon

As an example of the motorcycle stylist's art, I can think of few better examples than this Triumph 'bobber.'

Note the exposed primary drive, and pronounced lack of both instrumentation and front brake.

The pneumatic tire is all the rear suspension it's got, too... hence the term 'hardtail,' and the springs under the saddle.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The silhouette suggests fatboy, but honestly if you're going to chop one that hard it could be anything. You could build that bike out of an 883 Sportster.
    Yep, gotta love people who build well ^^ The sheer size of it sort of gives it away, though. Fat Bob or Fatboy, if you judge it by it's length compared to the bikes beside it. I think, i'm about 80% sure.
    But i'm no expert, just pretty good with measurements.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Yep, gotta love people who build well ^^ The sheer size of it sort of gives it away, though. Fat Bob or Fatboy, if you judge it by it's length compared to the bikes beside it. I think, i'm about 80% sure.
    But i'm no expert, just pretty good with measurements.
    It could be... but that bike looks extended to me. I think someone stretched the frame. And you can buy that fat gas tank off-the-shelf from Harley.

Oberon

Even a mild-mannered bike can be visually attractive. Witness this Suzuki 250.

Oberon

There is even a certain utilitarian beauty to be found in the post-industrial "rat bikes."

Note that this ride lacks either rear suspension or sprung saddle. It's not for the faint of heart... but then, you already could see that.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Good luck with this one
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~