User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 67

  1. #51
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    !!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF. FIVE CHILDREN!?!?? MORE HUMANS = GLOBAL WARMING. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ing-earth.html

    Global warming would end if we all became cannibals. Also, survival of the fittest!

    ...Do I count as a child? *whimpers* Please don't eat me.

    Everything makes me happy...sunshine..trees..and post-it-notes..
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  2. #52
    Senior Member Alienclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    118

    Default

    warning off topic post...
    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    ...Global warming would end if we all became cannibals. Also, survival of the fittest!
    Ever heard of soylent green?
    ...natural resources have been destroyed, leaving 40 million people starving. The Soylent Company has create a new food product, Soylent Green.
    sounds yummy and helpful?...
    ...murder leads him to uncover a conspiracy in the Soylant company and the Soylent Green food product itself, where Thorn uncovers the horrible truth about Soylent Green.
    But how yummy is it?

    Overpopulation has its own solution....

  3. #53
    Senior Member meshou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you, Toonia. It is extremely subjective. And I don't know why some seem to enjoy picking at a "fluff" post (or "fluffies" in general).
    Because they find them annoying.

    Are those annoyed also entitled to their perception?
    CTG is entitled to her perception. To her opinion. And I think that, worldwide, many people in every cultures would say that children are a source of joy.
    And she and those cultures are not, however, entitled to unconditional positive regard or approval from everyone. Civility, certainly, but not warm-and-fuzzies no matter what.

    With the exception of wolf, there's been no rude difference of opinion here. Mere disagreement isn't the same as disrspect. Calm down.
    Let's do this thing.

  4. #54
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF. FIVE CHILDREN!?!?? MORE HUMANS = GLOBAL WARMING. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ing-earth.html
    It does feel a bit funny to call niffer the "voice of reason", being an insatiable optimist and all, but this is quite an astute observation.

    ...Do I count as a child? *whimpers* Please don't eat me.
    We love you, niffer, you're great. You'd certainly be on my list of random people I've only known over the internet that I feel are worthy of being the last people to survive on Earth if I was the person choosing said last people on Earth. They would need the optimism and comic relief.

    Everything makes me happy...sunshine..trees..and post-it-notes..

  5. #55
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF. FIVE CHILDREN!?!?? MORE HUMANS = GLOBAL WARMING. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ing-earth.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    It does feel a bit funny to call niffer the "voice of reason", being an insatiable optimist and all, but this is quite an astute observation.
    Don't forget FranG. hmm

    I agree that having five children should generally be discouraged, and we are all aware of the population problem. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said Saying there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers. It did really bother me because saying there are too many children is implying they cannot be fed. I don't care for the extreme positions and dramatic dialog that says 'your children are polluting the earth' and such. The human lifespan is so short, that if there were a way to limit offspring, the problem would be corrected in just a matter of decades. Nature has its own way of balancing those situations that upset the balance. Overpopulation is tragic because spread of disease and other such things will likely take care of the problem if we don't.

    Once a child is brought into the world, the attitude of eliminating offspring must switch gears. I guess it is that aspect of this issue that haunts me. Once the child is here, they should be welcomed, embraced entirely. At the same time finding ways to minimize offspring is still of value. Not keeping those two perspectives in balance is a potential problem with this issue.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  6. #56
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Don't forget FranG. hmm

    I agree that having five children should generally be discouraged, and we are all aware of the population problem. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said Saying there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers. It did really bother me because saying there are too many children is implying they cannot be fed. I don't care for the extreme positions and dramatic dialog that says 'your children are polluting the earth' and such. The human lifespan is so short, that if there were a way to limit offspring, the problem would be corrected in just a matter of decades. Nature has its own way of balancing those situations that upset the balance. Overpopulation is tragic because spread of disease and other such things will likely take care of the problem if we don't.

    Once a child is brought into the world, the attitude of eliminating offspring must switch gears. I guess it is that aspect of this issue that haunts me. Once the child is here, they should be welcomed, embraced entirely. At the same time finding ways to minimize offspring is still of value. Not keeping those two perspectives in balance is a potential problem with this issue.
    I totally agree.

  7. #57
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    warning off topic post...
    Ever heard of soylent green?
    sounds yummy and helpful?...
    But how yummy is it?

    Overpopulation has its own solution....
    Daddy told me about that movie. My ISTJ friend likes to talk about the end of the world and humans dying. Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with eating humans either. I mean, I would rather eat a human baby that I had never met rather than my pet chicken or whatever.

    I am that ISTJ's best friend, she says. But she is not mine. No..she is one of many extremely good friends. I prefer that term. It is unfair for me to choose a best one. That is like choosing the best cookie. They are all delicious in different ways.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  8. #58
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Daddy told me about that movie. My ISTJ friend likes to talk about the end of the world and humans dying. Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with eating humans either. I mean, I would rather eat a human baby that I had never met rather than my pet chicken or whatever.
    If Global warming results in cannibalism, I will send my too-many children out in a pack to hunt you so they can eat and live for one more day, hopefully to eventually carry on my evil genes.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  9. #59
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If Global warming results in cannibalism, I will send my too-many children out in a pack to hunt you so they can eat and live for one more day, hopefully to eventually carry on my evil genes.
    This is starting to sound like Lord of the Flies.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  10. #60
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    What if I hunt them down first, cook them up, and feed myself and some other persons that are happy to eat human meat (like niffer here)?*

    (*Disclaimer: It's more likely that I would join forces with cafe's tribe.)

Similar Threads

  1. what do you consider extreme cuisine and are you interested in trying it?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 07:27 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs are you always the one to initiate and push?
    By Malkavia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 05:53 AM
  3. [INTJ] intj girls: where are you and how do i get you?
    By sketcheasy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 01:34 AM
  4. Do you have an lj and are you in CO?
    By Aven in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO