User Tag List

First 34567 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Well, obviously not the same person, but the mental patterns are disturbingly-similar.

The baseline is: Intriguingly-painfully-annoying. Like having a starfish sneak into your swim trunks.

MBTI
    INFP

wolf pleaseeeeeeee drop it.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Well, obviously not the same person, but the mental patterns are disturbingly-similar.

The baseline is: Intriguingly-painfully-annoying. Like having a starfish sneak into your swim trunks.
    eating ass cookies
    can result in mindless attacks...

MBTI
    INFP

alienclock i freaking love your posts.

do you have a blog at mbtic?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What is the deal with this thread? Children are the primary source of happiness for some people. For example, they are for my mother. She spent her life working with small children and loved her own with her whole self. The rest of her life has been crap. So the statement is in some cases true, but not in all cases. Of course children are not the primary source of happiness for everyone. The same splitting hairs could result from any statement declaring 'anything' is the true source of happiness for people. However, children come closer to making this statement true than licorice, ice cream, roses, expensive cars or most anything else.

In a nutshell, such a statement is deeply subjective, so much so that it is reasonable to assume that is the intent. Discussion involving happiness are necessarily subjective. Yes, there could be exceptions, but none come immediately to mind. Why pick at something like that as though it is intended as an objective observation?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Things are sad when people are trying to raise and answer serious questions in the Fluff section.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

arrah. i read her post, and i think *most people will because of the "new posts" search.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Things are sad when people are trying to raise and answer serious questions in the Fluff section.
    Why sad? Ineffective maybe. It is what it is.

edit: As far as having children to 'make' you happy, that's too much pressure and responsibility on the little bugger. There's enough time for people to be laden with responsibility. Infancy should at least be free of that.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    What is the deal with this thread? Children are the primary source of happiness for some people. For example, they are for my mother. She spent her life working with small children and loved her own with her whole self....Of course children are not the primary source of happiness for everyone. The same splitting hairs could result from any statement declaring 'anything' is the true source of happiness for people. However, children come closer to making this statement true than licorice, ice cream, roses, expensive cars or most anything else.

In a nutshell, such a statement is deeply subjective, so much so that it is reasonable to assume that is the intent. Discussion involving happiness are necessarily subjective. Yes, there could be exceptions, but none come immediately to mind. Why pick at something like that as though it is intended as an objective observation?
    Yeah, I agree with you, Toonia. It is extremely subjective. And I don't know why some seem to enjoy picking at a "fluff" post (or "fluffies" in general).

CTG is entitled to her perception. To her opinion. And I think that, worldwide, many people in every cultures would say that children are a source of joy.

I just get a kick out of kids. I enjoy watching and if I can, participating in their unfolding. I like to see them explore and learn. I like to watch them develop their tastes and individual personalities. I enjoy their art and learn from their perceptions.

As for you, W: if you find CTG
    Intriguingly-painfully-annoying. Like having a starfish sneak into your swim trunks.
    why are you here in the thread she started? Perhaps some kind of perverse masochism? What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

So, you don't like or want or can't deal with the responsibility of kids. Does that make CTG wrong?
    Y'know, if you keep letting them starfish get at your testes, you probably won't ever have to worry about it. Didn't you post some other anti-kid stuff on the Vegans Who Killed Their Kid Thread?

Personally, I think you want attention. I'll bite. Okay, Wolf, why do you not want kids? Why do you think we should "decrease the surplus population" (Scrooge, in A Christmas Carol)?

Or maybe you need a muzzle, or to bore someone else with your yapyapyap.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Wow, impressive. INFJ defense protocol activated.

You're clearly not familiar with the harsher end of the NT spectrum.