User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    It's too bad no one has yet found a way to go straight to grandparenthood.
    My husband's stepfather did. He's pretty good at it, too.

MBTI
    INTJ

ah, I stand corrected. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of babies grown in large test tubes...or something...
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ah, I stand corrected. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of babies grown in large test tubes...or something...
    Simply marrying someone with grown children with whom they get along tends to yield a pool of granchildren with fewer attachment disorders.

Your avatar is hilarious, by the way.

MBTI
    INFJ

I would indeed be happy if I could only manage to have even one child. As for the difficulties they bring- It could eat my heart, it could drink my blood, and it could live in my hollowed out ribcage if I had no other abode.

Melodramatic, to be sure. But how does that compare to implying that CTG is psychotic for thinking kids would give her happiness? My nieces and nephews give me happiness even when they move in with their no-account moms who spend a year or two sponging and starting crisis/drama.

That said, back to my generally otherwise happy life.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

MBTI
    INFP

yeh i mean, i'm going to be a teacher... i love children. and i love big families!

MBTI
    INTP

Hire other people to raise your kids. That's what upper classes around the world do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have a cousin who is just a few years older than me who married a woman with nearly grown children when he was in his early twenties. He now has at least three little granddaughters to spoil. Lucky dog.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    Melodramatic, to be sure. But how does that compare to implying that CTG is psychotic for thinking kids would give her happiness?
    I didn't see anyone imply that. I saw meshou share her mom's story. I'm pretty sure she would've just come right out and said it if that's what she meant.

Babies didn't make my mother happy, either. She was a great mom, but she was depressed and thought each child would be the one to make her happy. To her credit, she never punished us for not making her happy, but we were well aware of her depression, which was sometimes pretty crippling. Now, I'm not in any way saying that this will happen to CTG and I'm not implying that she's like my mom, but I am saying that babies don't fix problems that were already there before you had them.

MBTI
    INFP

yeah i'm not looking for children to make me happy. i AM happy and i come from a large happy family. i only want the kids because i want to be surrounded by them when i'm older, like my granny is. it makes me smile.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

But how does that compare to implying that CTG is psychotic for thinking kids would give her happiness?
    Psssst...read her blog. (I normally skipped it until I saw mention of something in a thread). Flame to tame is how I roll. That being said it is still incorrect to assume children are a guarantee of happiness and I don't regret saying so.
    My nieces and nephews give me happiness even when they move in with their no-account moms who spend a year or two sponging and starting crisis/drama.
    Yes I had sorta similar problems with family members. I moved away from all of that but I miss the kids. I talked to them recently and they are doing OK. I do not miss the drama though it's heartbreaking honestly.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**