Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1458

Thread: Possible Avatars for Other Members <3

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    I was mildly offended before reading some.
    You no like pretty birdie?

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    I was mildly offended before reading some.
    Lol yeah I got the hanged man.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Opal liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    The Devil

@Nicodemus
    I like Rhett, but, reading up on the meaning of the card, the Devil seems like a random choice. I would have picked something else for myself and given the Devil to Amargith.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Lol yeah I got the hanged man.
    I started out thinking you'd be the Magician or The Fool, but neither really suited you. The Hanged Man is a prophet of sorts in the trump cards. He is far enough along the path to know that the pursuit of wisdom entails sacrifice. That by the end of his path he will have lost all to gain all. The Hanged Man teaches us that enlightenment is not a matter of attainment, but rather one of acceptance. Faith in providence is what allows us detachment from the suffering created by this life.

It was fun to put this together. The way I approached it was by attempting to tell the story of the card in the voice of a particular member. For you, I thought that The Hanged Man would have to be more of a shamanistic figure, hence the "tribal" foot (which is also a nod to the central to the image of the card). I also know that you're kind of ecumenical in your approach to spirituality, so there's symbols of peace, bliss and enlightenment scattered throughout the image from various traditions. You also just tend to have a lot going on period, so it's kind of a busy image in general hahaha. Just like a kaleidoscope of thoughts and ideas that just are all going on simultaneously that more or less hew to a general theme while also seeking to blow it wide open. And even though it all seems to be a jumble, there's a very definite frame around the picture made of dark brown leather. Simple, masculine, no frills.

It makes for an interesting juxtaposition, but somehow works, I think
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I started out thinking you'd be the Magician or The Fool, but neither really suited you. The Hanged Man is a prophet of sorts in the trump cards. He is far enough along the path to know that the pursuit of wisdom entails sacrifice. That by the end of his path he will have lost all to gain all. The Hanged Man teaches us that enlightenment is not a matter of attainment, but rather one of acceptance. Faith in providence is what allows us detachment from the suffering created by this life.
    It was fun to put this together. The way I approached it was by attempting to tell the story of the card in the voice of a particular member. For you, I thought that The Hanged Man would have to be more of a shamanistic figure, hence the "tribal" foot (which is also a nod to the central to the image of the card). I also know that you're kind of ecumenical in your approach to spirituality, so there's symbols of peace, bliss and enlightenment scattered throughout the image from various traditions. You also just tend to have a lot going on period, so it's kind of a busy image in general hahaha. Just like a kaleidoscope of thoughts and ideas that just are all going on simultaneously that more or less hew to a general theme while also seeking to blow it wide open. And even though it all seems to be a jumble, there's a very definite frame around the picture made of dark brown leather. Simple, masculine, no frills.

It makes for an interesting juxtaposition, but somehow works, I think

Thank you Rex! Powerful. The way you expressed it is very true. I often "hang" upside down to view the world in a different perspective. The graphic is interesting. It's almost multidimensional. It shows how we might hang ourselves upside down through the fifth dimension. This is very shamanistic and the hanged man tends to be a fool type but unlike the expression of the fool into a magician who is a master of one thing, the hanged man is a jack of all trades and a more roguish type.

Thank you. Happy holiday!
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

You no like pretty birdie?
    I like pretty birdie.

"The Fool" was the brief source of offense...

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It was fun to put this together. The way I approached it was by attempting to tell the story of the card in the voice of a particular member.
    Could you explain how you came up with the emperor for me? I like the picture, but (1) I'm not sure how it relates to the archetype of the emperor; and (2) not sure how the emperor relates to me (seems a bit STJ-ish). Then again, I am no expert on Tarot.

It's Christmas and whatnot, so I found some tarot avatars based on the Major Arcana for some folks I know around here. Let me know what you think.

The Emperor

@Coriolis
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Could you explain how you came up with the emperor for me? I like the picture, but (1) I'm not sure how it relates to the archetype of the emperor; and (2) not sure how the emperor relates to me (seems a bit STJ-ish). Then again, I am no expert on Tarot.
    You do have a slightly paternal vibe to you. Strict but fair ... but not in a slice you down where you stand way like Justice.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    You do have a slightly paternal vibe to you. Strict but fair ... but not in a slice you down where you stand way like Justice.
    Ooh. Almost forgot yours!

The World

@Arcana

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Ooh. Almost forgot yours!

The World

@Arcana
    New Year avatar found. Thanks, Rex.