User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Get Crushes Out of Your System!

You know how when you have a crush on someone, you feel the need to constantly write or say or think their name, gush about them, etc? Here's a place to "get it out of your system."

I put it in the private section (yay!! love this!!) in case you don't want the whole world to know who you have a crush on (celebrity or otherwise).
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Y'all are probably sick and tired of hearing about my crushes at the moment, and you probably all know what I'm going to post here, but I'll kick things off:

The major crush:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbH4FD6Dij8"]I love this interview.[/YOUTUBE]
    New season of Deadliest Catch starts on Tuesday, woot! Be still, my beating heart...

Also, crushing the tiniest bit on NG right now.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    You know how when you have a crush on someone, you feel the need to constantly write or say or think their name, gush about them, etc? Here's a place to "get it out of your system."

I put it in the private section (yay!! love this!!) in case you don't want the whole world to know who you have a crush on (celebrity or otherwise).
    Oh, man. Don't even get me started about this crush!! I never have crushes, but this one is very long running and intense. It's almost as though I'm in some sort of a crush relationship with him. Because I have had a crush on him since last July, and he makes it worse.

I work with him, he has a name, but to my friends I call him "PT guy" because he's a physical therapist. I'll also call him "Joe" for privacy sake. Whenever I see him I freeze up and get really shy and have butterflies in my stomach. When I first met him, it started a little bit. A few days later, when he talked to me, the intense crush immediately started and hasn't calmed down since. He's about my age. At some point the crush started to fade away- ("he's probaly gay" "he probably has a girlfriend.") He's a very sweet, smiley, quiet, shy, cute guy. Well one day we passed in the hallways, and he says. "Want to come to softball scrimmage after work??" I got all flustered and actually said no because I don't play softball and had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep. He's like, "oh! Well you don't have to be very good at it!! It's just a pick up!" I still said no, because. Seriously. I really don't play softball.

So I promise him I would go to the company game to watch him play. (Not wanting to miss out on this opportunity.) But then it turned out I had to work that day.

So the crush fades away slowly again. Then one day, a coworker came up to me, and gets all whispery and giggly and goes. "I have to tell you something!!" (looking around), there was a few people around. Then she says. "Joe." And I immediately get flustered and go. "uh huh?" and she goes. "He asked about you." I'm like "oh?" she says, "yea, he asked if you were single." (Mind you, no one at work has any idea that I have any kind of feelings for this guy.) So, trying to be all cool, I'm like.. "oh yea, well. yeah. I've kinda liked him for a while." She was like "I knew it!! He always hangs around the nurses station when you're there and you guys are so obvious." and I'm like. "oh, well, I'm not saying anything, I'm too shy." (Given I can't even really spit out a sentence in front of him.) So she was like "You have to ask him out, he won't do it, he's too shy." And of course I don't ever ask people out, let alone people I can't even say "hi" to. So then she tells him I like him, and tells me that she told him. (And said, "he immediately turned beat red." ) And then the issue was dropped and the crush continued on ... and here we are. Still crushing.

06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Oh, man. Don't even get me started about this crush!! I never have crushes, but this one is very long running and intense. It's almost as though I'm in some sort of a crush relationship with him. Because I have had a crush on him since last July, and he makes it worse.

I work with him, he has a name, but to my friends I call him "PT guy" because he's a physical therapist. I'll also call him "Joe" for privacy sake. Whenever I see him I freeze up and get really shy and have butterflies in my stomach. When I first met him, it started a little bit. A few days later, when he talked to me, the intense crush immediately started and hasn't calmed down since. He's about my age. At some point the crush started to fade away- ("he's probaly gay" "he probably has a girlfriend.") He's a very sweet, smiley, quiet, shy, cute guy. Well one day we passed in the hallways, and he says. "Want to come to softball scrimmage after work??" I got all flustered and actually said no because I don't play softball and had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep. He's like, "oh! Well you don't have to be very good at it!! It's just a pick up!" I still said no, because. Seriously. I really don't play softball.

So I promise him I would go to the company game to watch him play. (Not wanting to miss out on this opportunity.) But then it turned out I had to work that day.

So the crush fades away slowly again. Then one day, a coworker came up to me, and gets all whispery and giggly and goes. "I have to tell you something!!" (looking around), there was a few people around. Then she says. "Joe." And I immediately get flustered and go. "uh huh?" and she goes. "He asked about you." I'm like "oh?" she says, "yea, he asked if you were single." (Mind you, no one at work has any idea that I have any kind of feelings for this guy.) So, trying to be all cool, I'm like.. "oh yea, well. yeah. I've kinda liked him for a while." She was like "I knew it!! He always hangs around the nurses station when you're there and you guys are so obvious." and I'm like. "oh, well, I'm not saying anything, I'm too shy." (Given I can't even really spit out a sentence in front of him.) So she was like "You have to ask him out, he won't do it, he's too shy." And of course I don't ever ask people out, let alone people I can't even say "hi" to. So then she tells him I like him, and tells me that she told him. (And said, "he immediately turned beat red." ) And then the issue was dropped and the crush continued on ... and here we are. Still crushing.

lol you should probably seize this opportunity and get him though you can't really speak around him, you should like write a letter! Would totally solve this problem and you'd be with your crush, he obviously likes you and you shouldn't let nervousness ruin a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

I am such a dork that I got excited for you while reading this
    This is too adorable. I hope that you guys do get together.

edit:

See, I knew I wouldn't last long

MBTI
    INFP

I always had a crush on warm.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    lol you should probably seize this opportunity and get him though you can't really speak around him, you should like write a letter! Would totally solve this problem and you'd be with your crush, he obviously likes you and you shouldn't let nervousness ruin a good thing.
    Easier said than done!!! I'm not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I am such a dork that I got excited for you while reading this
    This is too adorable. I hope that you guys do get together.

edit:

See, I knew I wouldn't last long
    Thank you I hope so too. The big concern is that some bolder girl is going to come snatch him up and he's going to date her instead because he's too shy to ask someone out so he'll take someone bolder in lieu of being bold himself. ...

I did catch your post before you deleted it.... I suggest you put it back. how long have you known this guy? Crushes are fun... and rare to come by.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm slowly slowly getting a crush on someone from college, but I'm trying to remove it out of my system again. It's just not good, it feels really bad, so I'm just trying to focus on his bad sides (like how he talks way too much about music and how he analyses it way too much and how he's ginger and stuff).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Anew Leaf

A shy ESFP?! Now that is super cute!! I think you should write him a note asking him to go out for something... Maybe an activity so you both don't have to talk too much, but gives you ample touchy feely time. If it's nice out where you are: biking, roller blading, etc

remember you are adorable!

I have a huge crush on an ENTP friend of mine and I have had it for years. First off he's just plain hot. Second, he's super smart, hilarious, easy going, but has a hidden serious side to him. We can talk for hours and not notice the time pass. Last winter I was hanging out at his place with friends, and he walked me to my car afterwards. We stood there talking from midnight to 7 am when we finally noticed the sun was coming up. he also gives the best bear hugs ever.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

@ Kat (The thing wasn't letting me quote you for some reason.) I agree it's a vulnerable state to have a crush on someone. No control. It's easier to try to get rid of the crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    A shy ESFP?! Now that is super cute!! I think you should write him a note asking him to go out for something... Maybe an activity so you both don't have to talk too much, but gives you ample touchy feely time. If it's nice out where you are: biking, roller blading, etc

remember you are adorable!

I have a huge crush on an ENTP friend of mine and I have had it for years. First off he's just plain hot. Second, he's super smart, hilarious, easy going, but has a hidden serious side to him. We can talk for hours and not notice the time pass. Last winter I was hanging out at his place with friends, and he walked me to my car afterwards. We stood there talking from midnight to 7 am when we finally noticed the sun was coming up. he also gives the best bear hugs ever.

(Trying to picture how we can be touchy feely while biking... )

I'm not normally too shy at all around men. But then normally I don't have this funny, uncomfortable, sympathetic nervous reaction around most men either.

How come you're not dating that ENTP??

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.