Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Elfboy seems to be very young, very sheltered, and very naive in regards to the world. He cries about me "character assassinating" him in one post... but has the temerity to create threads such as "Are all SPs either stupid or smart?" and "Does it suck to be an SJ?"

He reminds me of an ENFP I dated in college who so desperately wanted to be an ENTP, and who just came across as, well, what we see here today.
    Yes, this is part of what I see as narcissism though - he wants to be treated with exquisite deference and respect, but at the same time say hideous things about other people.

There is another person on this site who I consider to be a narcissist (in fact, a much worse case) who does similar things.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

No.

You're either trolling, just messing with all of us, or being a petulant LOOK-AT-ME teenager.

In any case though: No.

/grumpy SJ
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yes, this is part of what I see as narcissism though - he wants to be treated with exquisite deference and respect, but at the same time say hideous things about other people.

There is another person on this site who I consider to be a narcissist (in fact, a much worse case) who does similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    high self esteem does not imply putting others down. one with high self esteem feels no need to. putting other people down without cause is weak and an inferior tactic. other than that though, he things you make a very good point
    That's true, isn't it. I guess maybe high self-esteem without putting others down would be more related to internally validated self-confidence then. So then the negative kind of self-esteem, and probably the one I see more often, is when people need to put others down to feel a security of externally validated self-confidence by being above others? Does this sound right?

To function in this world with other people, I suppose we would have a certain degree of both, so this might be a good distinction between healthy narcissism and unhealthy narcissism when the externally validated self-confidence becomes of utmost importance to a person.

I think it sounds good, at the moment, anyway.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'll give you an example, let's take a look at a pimp. a vile, manipulative, controlling and exploitive individual whose abusive tendencies would make any Fi use (self included) sick to their stomach. however, the pimp is also a wonderfully example of several positive qualities that are much more rare in more "upright" men
    - recourcefulness
    - intelligence
    - charisma
    - perfect confidence
    - willingness to pamper oneself
    - powerful
    - high self esteem
    - eccentricity
    - fearlessness
    - successful mindset (money > sex)
    - assertiveness
    one searching only among men considered "upright" in today's society would probably never find such a fine example of most of these characteristics. you could say using my ENFP abilities of reading people, I can identify both their best and worst qualities and do so very quickly. Ne then works towards further distinctions (in the case of the pimp, being assertive with a woman as opposed to beating her is much more preferable) while Te asks "what ways could I apply these positive traits to myself?" this newly acquired information further enhances my understanding.
    Oh my god.
    WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF? DO YOU KNOW ANY PIMPS IN REAL LIFE???? THEY'RE NOT LIKE IN THE MOVIES.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Elfboy
    well....sometimes it does, but only people who choose to be ignorant and are offended by Elfboy's charm and personality
    Hmmm........ maybe you're a three or four......

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    My only hope for you is that you do not use some sort of label to rationalize any narcissistic traits that you might have. My other only hope is that you distinguish healthy self-esteem from narcissism.
    No one hopes for Elfboy. We only are hoping for our threads and ourselves.

(Hmmm.. that sounded a bit Victorish.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Oh my god.
    WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF? DO YOU KNOW ANY PIMPS IN REAL LIFE???? THEY'RE NOT LIKE IN THE MOVIES.

Come on, now, you know street pimps have all of these wonderful traits. They are all magnificently intelligent and have successful mindsets. Also always very sane and not at all ever addicted to hard drugs.

However, I must say that "willingness to pamper oneself" and "powerful" made me LMFAO the most.

It's also hilarious that he thinks they always put money before sex. He needs to apply positive pimp traits to himself. Elfboy wants to be a pimp.

I don't think Elfboy is a narcissist, afterall. I think he suffers from some kind of delusional disorder.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Oh my god.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm going to take a break from the silly speaking in 3rd person and be serious for a moment. don't get me wrong, I don't idealize killing, abusing the weak (nothing makes me more angry actually) or anything of the sort, but I do have respect for genuine power (I am an 8 after all. we can't help but admire someone's power no matter how evil they are) I also admire intelligence and self confidence and while I may hate the guts of a powerful person, a confident person, or an intelligent person, I would be lying if I said I didn't think they had certain qualities I wished to emulate

I'll give you an example, let's take a look at a pimp. a vile, manipulative, controlling and exploitive individual whose abusive tendencies would make any Fi use (self included) sick to their stomach. however, the pimp is also a wonderfully example of several positive qualities that are much more rare in more "upright" men
    - recourcefulness
    - intelligence
    - charisma
    - perfect confidence
    - willingness to pamper oneself
    - powerful
    - high self esteem
    - eccentricity
    - fearlessness
    - successful mindset (money > sex)
    - assertiveness
    one searching only among men considered "upright" in today's society would probably never find such a fine example of most of these characteristics. you could say using my ENFP abilities of reading people, I can identify both their best and worst qualities and do so very quickly. Ne then works towards further distinctions (in the case of the pimp, being assertive with a woman as opposed to beating her is much more preferable) while Te asks "what ways could I apply these positive traits to myself?" this newly acquired information further enhances my understanding.

you may find my interests childish, and for the most part, you're right, but you are very perceptive to not mistake childish interests for childish understanding. despite recently keeping in on a leash, I have done terrible things with this ability tat would land most people in jail, and have done so more than once. granted, the times are few and far between, but I can be much more manipulative than I am comfortable admitting. I don't hang people, I give them the rope and they hang themselves. the tongue is mightier than the sword. perhaps it is because you intuitively grasped this darker side of me, along with my apparent lack of guilt that I find your comments amusing.

Edit: on second thought, this sounds much closer to anti social personality disorder than narcissistic personality disorder. my problem is not my temper or desire for admiration, it's my willingness to go to any lengths to get what I want
    Oh, yes. This is just lovely and inspiring. You should go down there and speak with those pimps. Show them how much you can understand them on a deep level. Talk to them. Learn more about how they got to their powerful and successful positions in life. Maybe even do a brunch and video the interview! And then come back here and tell us about your experiences. (Show us the video, even better.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.