First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Elfboy has given this a lot of thought. he is having difficulty determining whether the traits he shares with narcissism have any negative consequences. can selfishness, vanity or belief that you are amazing hurt you in any way?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Anger! :rofl: Good show my man.

Alright, we'll start with selfishness. Do you really think there are no downsides to selfishness? It really depends on context, doesn't it? It depends on the following: How pervasive is it in your life? Are you capable of foregoing short-term selfishness for long-term benefit? (a.k.a. Can you see the forest for the ego-stroking trees?) Do you believe self-gratification is antithetical to personal growth?

As for vanity, does humility hold no merit for you? Does silence and attention to the lessons of others fail to arrest your interest? Will the procession of your life be little more than an exterior mirror angled flatteringly upon self --peripheral activity (i.e. the lives of others in a capacity beyond merely "audience" to you) be damned?

Lastly, why aren't you asking yourself these questions? Have you not thought of them? (Or is pretending to ask them just an excuse to strut the stage?)

underlined: (insert evil Te power laugh here)! no. it doesn't.
    bold: long term benefit and power is 90% of what Elfboy cares about. those who cannot see past present benefit are weak and pathetic
    bold and underlined: no and no. Elfboy is in the game for personal benefit. learning from others and seeing past shallow exteriors are wonderful ways to gain personal benefit.
    bold and italicized: why would he believe something that foolish? self gratification and personal growth are both extremely important. you pit all of these items like they are mutually exclusive from each other that should really go hand in hand.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Elfboy does not believe in karma. nonetheless, you make a good point. there are certain unforscene consequences of mistreating people, but selfishness does not imply mistreating people. it implies looking out for one's self first.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    underlined: (insert evil Te power laugh here)! no. it doesn't.
    bold: long term benefit and power is 90% of what Elfboy cares about. those who cannot see past present benefit are weak and pathetic
    bold and underlined: no and no. Elfboy is in the game for personal benefit. learning from others and seeing past shallow exteriors are wonderful ways to gain personal benefit.
    bold and italicized: why would he believe something that foolish? self gratification and personal growth are both extremely important. you pit all of these items like they are mutually exclusive from each other that should really go hand in hand.
    If you are referring to balance, I agree that is the key. So what is balanced about your approach to this "issue" of yours? You want a non-medical diagnosis for a patient we can only communicate with electronically? Not gonna work Elf, but I think you know that already, which is why my vote is officially being cast for peacock strutting. I have no sound input as to whether it's worst-case scenario (narcissism).
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    If you are referring to balance, I agree that is the key. So what is balanced about your approach to this "issue" of yours? You want a non-medical diagnosis for a patient we can only communicate with electronically? Not gonna work Elf, but I think you know that already, which is why my vote is officially being cast for peacock strutting. I have no sound input as to whether it's worst-case scenario (narcissism).
    fair enough.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Anew Leaf

Elfboy seems to be very young, very sheltered, and very naive in regards to the world. He cries about me "character assassinating" him in one post... but has the temerity to create threads such as "Are all SPs either stupid or smart?" and "Does it suck to be an SJ?"

He reminds me of an ENFP I dated in college who so desperately wanted to be an ENTP, and who just came across as, well, what we see here today.

FigerPuppet

What a silly little person.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Elfboy is a 7.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned

Default Agent Smith says:

Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose.

garbage

My only hope for you is that you do not use some sort of label to rationalize any narcissistic traits that you might have. My other only hope is that you distinguish healthy self-esteem from narcissism.