18 35.29%
  • Elfboy Exhibiys Severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder

12 23.53%
  • Elfboy is not a Narcissist

12 23.53%
First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    You're projecting little guy.
    Did her sarcasm go over your head, or is your sarcasm going over mine?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Did her sarcasm go over your head, or is your sarcasm going over mine?
    I don't know anymore. This place usually makes me feel like I'm in the land of Oz. So, sure. I must have made a mistake then. I'm still genuinely interested in having a conversation about this if anyone is interested.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

You're projecting little guy.

I'm actually curious Elfboy if you have given this some thought before. I know I have. It's not meant to be all that serious or anything. I'm just looking to communicate with you in a meaningful way, kind of like how some people enjoy chit-chat. I guess this is my kind of chit-chat. These sorts of things don't usually come out of nowhere. Narcissism is actually a really interesting topic, depending on how you view what it is in relation to other people.
    Elfboy has given this a lot of thought. he is having difficulty determining whether the traits he shares with narcissism have any negative consequences. can selfishness, vanity or belief that you are amazing hurt you in any way?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Elfboy
    Elfboy's third person stenographer is back! while Elfboy does relate to what you said, they problem he thinks he has is that he wears his faults on his sleeve and is proud of them. he believes that this lack of guilt is possibly unhealthy and wants to look into the matter further.
    Yay for talking about oneself in the third person! Wearing your fualts on your sleeve and showing proudness of them isn't always a bad thing though, as it demonstrates a great level of honesty and openness about oneself. My realizing and publicly acknowledging your flaws you show that you're comfortbale with who you are and are not afraid to let others know. If it doesn't hurt others in any way then it should be looked at as a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Elfboy has given this a lot of thought. he is having difficulty determining whether the traits he shares with narcissism have any negative consequences. can selfishness, vanity or belief that you are amazing hurt you in any way?
    Of course it can... is this a serious question? /dumbfounded/ ...or are you drawing out the pseudo-striptease to keep the popcorn munchers rapt?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Of course it can... is this a serious question? /dumbfounded/ ...or are you drawing out the pseudo-striptease to keep the popcorn munchers rapt?
    ....??? Elfboy finds your apparent anger and lack of ability to post any kind of coherent insult slightly amusing...but mostly he is disgusted. 'tilts up chin, flip hand and walks off in condescending diva fashion'
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Oh, when I say 'you' I don't mean you, Elfboy, but 'you' as in hypothetically speaking and potentially anyone.

Good question. It's strange to hear that someone should have a certain amount of self-esteem to be successful when that implies a certain level of narcissism. Having self-esteem makes you put yourself above others more, but at the same time put other people down. By putting too many people down then it might hurt your relationships to the point of not having anyone want to be around you anymore. So American society definitely values a moderate amount of narcissism in my opinion. And I think it shows with how americans overwork themselves and over-compete at the expense of their personal lives. But narcissism wouldn't get diagnosed unless the person recognizes that they are bothered by this? or...this is where it gets confusing to me. I guess I'm also assuming you are american. My apologies if you are not.

Cause then what about settings where narcissism is expected and fostered and that builds relationships with people like in government for instance. With them it's actually beneficial for their work. And it's like, well what the hell is narcissistic then? Sometimes it's okay and sometimes it's not and if no one had any narcissistic impulses than they wouldn't think they deserve anything and let anyone take whatever they want from them. And that isn't good...so...

What do you think?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Yay for talking about oneself in the third person! Wearing your fualts on your sleeve and showing proudness of them isn't always a bad thing though, as it demonstrates a great level of honesty and openness about oneself. My realizing and publicly acknowledging your flaws you show that you're comfortbale with who you are and are not afraid to let others know. If it doesn't hurt others in any way then it should be looked at as a good thing.
    well....sometimes it does, but only people who choose to be ignorant and are offended by Elfboy's charm and personality
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Oh, when I say 'you' I don't mean you, Elfboy, but 'you' as in hypothetically speaking and potentially anyone.

Good question. It's strange to hear that someone should have a certain amount of self-esteem to be successful when that implies a certain level of narcissism. Having self-esteem makes you put yourself above others more, but at the same time put other people down. By putting too many people down then it might hurt your relationships to the point of not having anyone want to be around you anymore. So American society definitely values a moderate amount of narcissism in my opinion. And I think it shows with how americans overwork themselves and over-compete at the expense of their personal lives. But narcissism wouldn't get diagnosed unless the person recognizes that they are bothered by this? or...this is where it gets confusing to me. I guess I'm also assuming you are american. My apologies if you are not.

Cause then what about settings where narcissism is expected and fostered and that builds relationships with people like in government for instance. With them it's actually beneficial for their work. And it's like, well what the hell is narcissistic then?Sometimes it's okay and sometimes it's not and if no one had any narcissistic impulses than they wouldn't think they deserve anything and let anyone take whatever they want from them. And that isn't good...so...

What do you think?
    high self esteem does not imply putting others down. one with high self esteem feels no need to. putting other people down without cause is weak and an inferior tactic. other than that though, he things you make a very good point
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

....??? Elfboy finds your apparent anger and lack of ability to post any kind of coherent insult slightly amusing...but mostly he is disgusted. 'tilts up chin, flip hand and walks off in condescending diva fashion'
    Anger! :rofl: Good show my man.

Alright, we'll start with selfishness. Do you really think there are no downsides to selfishness? It really depends on context, doesn't it? It depends on the following: How pervasive is it in your life? Are you capable of foregoing short-term selfishness for long-term benefit? (a.k.a. Can you see the forest for the ego-stroking trees?) Do you believe self-gratification is antithetical to personal growth?

As for vanity, does humility hold no merit for you? Does silence and attention to the lessons of others fail to arrest your interest? Will the procession of your life be little more than an exterior mirror angled flatteringly upon self --peripheral activity (i.e. the lives of others in a capacity beyond merely "audience" to you) be damned?

Lastly, why aren't you asking yourself these questions? Have you not thought of them? (Or is pretending to ask them just an excuse to strut the stage?)