Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I am now sorry I didn't vote for "severe" narcissistic personality disorder.
    and you were getting along so well before. perhaps elfboy's amusement at this change of heart is further evidence to your point hehehe
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    and you were getting along so well before. perhaps elfboy's amusement at this change of heart is further evidence to your point hehehe
    Well, I love horror movies, but I examine them for insight into human nature, into the Id, in attempting to understand why people do horrific things...and I always have, even when I was in high school, when I was even younger than you are. That's why I don't necessarily attribute you thinking sociopathic characters are "badass" to immaturity...it reeks of something being, well, wrong.

Silence of the Lambs is a fascinating portrait of a brilliant but sick man, and how intelligence and madness can co-exist. However, I was always on the side of the FBI watching that series of films (and reading the books).

I honestly didn't find American Psycho - as a whole - especially fascinating, but it is a very socially important film, as it examines the beating heart of psychopathy and evil lying underneath the "perfect" commercialized facade...something I was already innately aware of.

I haven't even seen Vainglorious Bastards, though I usually love Quentin Tarentino, as I've been informed that it's an exercise in idiocy which completely disregards real history....and there's so many more films that I want to watch, that I don't waste my time watching something just because it's popular.

At any rate, I am fascinated by human frailty and what causes dangerous behavior, and I watch tons of horror films, but I've never thought that sociopaths were "badass."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, I love horror movies, but I examine them for insight into human nature, into the Id, in attempting to understand why people do horrific things...and I always have, even when I was in high school, when I was even younger than you are. That's why I don't necessarily attribute you thinking sociopathic characters are "badass" to immaturity...it reeks of something being, well, wrong.
    Well, I've also seen it said by teens who want to act like they're cool by talking about how great the antisocials and social delinquents are in some way... but they'd crap their pants if they had to deal with one in real life.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well I find it strange that he's over in one thread admonishing people for making personal attacks, but on the other hand over here glorifying murderous sociopathic behavior.

Something doesn't add up. Personally, I think verbal barbs are a very small problem compared to, well, horrific evil. It seems like the height of stupidity to me, actually. Or trolling. Or crazy.

"Hey it's cool to kill people as long as you don't talk shit!"

garbage

Elfboy will not hear guilt tripping. He "should" do nothing. what does that word even mean anyway?
    should
    1. simple past tense of shall.

so there. I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Silence of the Lambs is a fascinating portrait of a brilliant but sick man, and how intelligence and madness can co-exist. However, I was always on the side of the FBI watching that series of films (and reading the books).

I honestly didn't find American Psycho - as a whole - especially fascinating, but it is a very socially important film, as it examines the beating heart of psychopathy and evil lying underneath the "perfect" commercialized facade...something I was already innately aware of.

I haven't even seen Vainglorious Bastards, though I usually love Quentin Tarentino, as I've been informed that it's an exercise in idiocy which completely disregards real history....and there's so many more films that I want to watch, that I don't waste my time watching something just because it's popular.

At any rate, I am fascinated by human frailty and what causes dangerous behavior, and I watch tons of horror films, but I've never thought that sociopaths were "badass."
    I'm going to take a break from the silly speaking in 3rd person and be serious for a moment. don't get me wrong, I don't idealize killing, abusing the weak (nothing makes me more angry actually) or anything of the sort, but I do have respect for genuine power (I am an 8 after all. we can't help but admire someone's power no matter how evil they are) I also admire intelligence and self confidence and while I may hate the guts of a powerful person, a confident person, or an intelligent person, I would be lying if I said I didn't think they had certain qualities I wished to emulate

I'll give you an example, let's take a look at a pimp. a vile, manipulative, controlling and exploitive individual whose abusive tendencies would make any Fi use (self included) sick to their stomach. however, the pimp is also a wonderfully example of several positive qualities that are much more rare in more "upright" men
    - recourcefulness
    - intelligence
    - charisma
    - perfect confidence
    - willingness to pamper oneself
    - powerful
    - high self esteem
    - eccentricity
    - fearlessness
    - successful mindset (money > sex)
    - assertiveness
    one searching only among men considered "upright" in today's society would probably never find such a fine example of most of these characteristics. you could say using my ENFP abilities of reading people, I can identify both their best and worst qualities and do so very quickly. Ne then works towards further distinctions (in the case of the pimp, being assertive with a woman as opposed to beating her is much more preferable) while Te asks "what ways could I apply these positive traits to myself?" this newly acquired information further enhances my understanding.

you may find my interests childish, and for the most part, you're right, but you are very perceptive to not mistake childish interests for childish understanding. despite recently keeping in on a leash, I have done terrible things with this ability tat would land most people in jail, and have done so more than once. granted, the times are few and far between, but I can be much more manipulative than I am comfortable admitting. I don't hang people, I give them the rope and they hang themselves. the tongue is mightier than the sword. perhaps it is because you intuitively grasped this darker side of me, along with my apparent lack of guilt that I find your comments amusing.

Edit: on second thought, this sounds much closer to anti social personality disorder than narcissistic personality disorder. my problem is not my temper or desire for admiration, it's my willingness to go to any lengths to get what I want
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

You seem to a healthy narcissist in my opinion. I mean you're definitely a unique individual and you're aware of that as well. But you don't focus on yourself to the point of making others suffer, you know when not to be all about you and know when to consider others first. I'm sorta the same way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    You seem to a healthy narcissist in my opinion. I mean you're definitely a unique individual and you're aware of that as well. But you don't focus on yourself to the point of making others suffer, you know when not to be all about you and know when to consider others first. I'm sorta the same way.
    Elfboy's third person stenographer is back! while Elfboy does relate to what you said, they problem he thinks he has is that he wears his faults on his sleeve and is proud of them. he believes that this lack of guilt is possibly unhealthy and wants to look into the matter further.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

he believes that this lack of guilt is possibly unhealthy and wants to look into the matter further.
    Not a true narcissist. (If this is the truth)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Quote Originally Posted by A Cool Intelligent Person View Post
    Yea. Things have to matter a lot to make a whole thread about it. Threads are serious, man. Keep your silliness outta my threads.
    You're projecting little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Why do you think it matters enough for you to make a thread? Or rather why do you think you are curious about it?
    I'm actually curious Elfboy if you have given this some thought before. I know I have. It's not meant to be all that serious or anything. I'm just looking to communicate with you in a meaningful way, kind of like how some people enjoy chit-chat. I guess this is my kind of chit-chat. These sorts of things don't usually come out of nowhere. Narcissism is actually a really interesting topic, depending on how you view what it is in relation to other people.