18 35.29%
  • Elfboy Exhibiys Severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder

12 23.53%
  • Elfboy is not a Narcissist

12 23.53%
First 3456715 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, I am the opposite of this. I look at personality disorders and think "wow! that's cool!" (I know, immature as hell lol). for instance, after watching Silence of the Lambs, American Psycho and seeing Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds I was like "wow, people with anti social personality disorder are friggin bad ass!"
    I am sure that people who's lives have been destroyed by actual sociopaths would agree with you as well. "it sucks that someone murdered my child, dismembered them, and ate them.... But at least the person that did it was bad ass."

Bazinga.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The funny thing about this is that people with NPD are pretty much incapable of engaging in rational thought.

Lacking empathy is a profound disturbance to the narcissist's thinking (cognition) and feeling (affectivity). Even when very intelligent, narcissists can't reason well. One I've worked with closely does something I characterize as "analysis by eggbeater." They don't understand the meaning of what people say and they don't grasp the meaning of the written word either -- because so much of the meaning of anything we say depends on context and affect, narcissists (lacking empathy and thus lacking both context and affect) hear only the words. (Discussions with narcissists can be really weird and disconcerting; they seem to think that using some of the same words means that they are following a line of conversation or reasoning. Thus, they will go off on tangents and irrelevancies, apparently in the blithe delusion that they understand what others are talking about.) And, frankly, they don't hear all the words, either. They can pay attention only to stuff that has them in it. This is not merely a bad habit -- it's a cognitive deficiency.
    I've seen this play out IRL and it's not cute. Talking to someone with NPD is like having your mind fucked.

As for Elfboy, I think he seems more like a little solipsistic 12 year-old (judging from his juvenile posting style) than a narcissist.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    As for Elfboy, I think he seems more like a little solipsistic 12 year-old (judging from his juvenile posting style) than a narcissist.
    That's my opinion as well.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The funny thing about this is that people with NPD are pretty much incapable of engaging in rational thought.

I've seen this play out IRL and it's not cute. Talking to someone with NPD is like having your mind fucked.

hmph, good day sir
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

this thread is bad and you should feel bad

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    this thread is bad and you should feel bad
    Elfboy will not hear guilt tripping. He "should" do nothing. what does that word even mean anyway?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

actually, I am the opposite of this. I look at personality disorders and think "wow! that's cool!" (I know, immature as hell lol). for instance, after watching Silence of the Lambs, American Psycho and seeing Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds I was like "wow, people with anti social personality disorder are friggin bad ass!"
    I am now sorry I didn't vote for "severe" narcissistic personality disorder.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I checked "severe narcissism and personality disorder", hum, he remembers myself at 14.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

He reminds me of my close friend's little brother, (about 17 years old)... I picture the voice and everything. Lots of funny and weird ideas... The 17 year old is "a bit sweeter" like someone mentioned earlier in the thread though.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, you just sound very young here (i.e., inexperienced with the trauma such things cause), rather than having a personality disorder.

Never fear: This is nothing that time (and a few incidents where you're on the receiving end, unfortunately ) can't fix.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft