Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It's not stupid, it's just a fluff topic. It's no different than that Johnnyboy thread where you're asked to rate yourself against Johnnyboy. It's like Jennifer said, the thread should be moved unless "Elfboy" is another psychology topic.
    + 9000
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

other qualities associated with narcisssism

vain
    YES

attention whore
    hates to admit it, but yes

constant attention whore
    no

disrespectful
    no. he tries not to be, but he often comes across this way

rude
    no, but his reasons for being polite are often types (but not always) for narcissistic reasons. truly superior people need to have good manners

unappreciative
    not as much as he should be, but certainly not narcissistic caliber

cocky
    absolutely

aristocratic
    definitely

values exclusivity
    yes

only excepts the best
    does not expect it to be given to him, but yes

easily disgusted/put off by things and people
    YES!
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Somehow, the third person sounds even more narcissistic than using "I." Not sure why, though.

It's partly in association to classic 'king' self recognition. The accent as well as sayings such as "His royal highness would like his evening buffet" kind of thing. It can certainly be perceived as narcissistic with such, however there is the other classic stereotype where third person is used for a very cutesy projection.

As for the OP I am unable to identify your past actions as narcissistic within the perception I've seen it in. Perhaps within looking at things from another perspective an assumption of narcissistic tendencies may be arisen however the possibility of the otherwise is also great leading towards a, perhaps more inaccurate judgement if one is not careful.
    General hidden narcissism, however, is easily identifiable to oneself so it would surely be known to you whether or not you are a narcissist. I would guess it depends on how deluded one is to one's own actions. Rather though, I would think this is a thread for you to view other people's subjective thoughts towards you... is it not?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Moved.

Also missing a poll option for "some level of potentially unhealthy narcissism w/o being a bona fide personality disorder..."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

edit - ^ haha exactly

okay. my answer falls into none of the poll categories. i think you are much more narcissistic than the average person, but i'm not convinced you have those traits to the extent of narcissistic PD. maybe mild. you have a big sense of self but you don't lack empathy.

it's probably a good idea to go to a therapist when you can, though, because i'm guessing some of your beliefs are hurting you and/or others more than you realize. like sometimes when you post a thread and you mean it genuinely, but it comes off self-absorbed and offensive because of the way you word things. it ends up being maladaptive.

why do you think you feel like this, btw? i assume it'd be interesting to think about. like your (potentially somewhat exaggerated) ego sense, when did it develop? has it always been like that?

garbage

I think it's less "narcissism" and more "attention whoring"

You should try making one thread about yourself and your various traits and types, rather than making a billion of them

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I really don't think you would be diagnosed narccicist Elfboy. (BUt as you've already pointed out, only a qualified expert should be helping with this)

Here is my question for ya..

Are you really worried or even open to the possibility that you might be a narcissist?

"a narcissist would never consider the possibility of being narcissist. No matter what he has read. And if he was diagnosed, he really would not care at all. They don't want to change their behavior or 'get help' because they don't believe there's anything wrong with them. If you sincerely are worried or think that you might be a narcissist, you definately are not one."

Narcissists don't usually wake up at 19 and question this. When narcissists DO (if ever) remotely consider the possibility, its because their life is riddled with a staggering amount of failed relations, that they finally begin to question their perception of reality.

Ofcourse theres always an exception, but my gut feeling is that if you were truly a narcissist, with the amount of feedback you've received on this forum, you wouldnt continue to air this. Its clear that the general consensus is 'narcissism is a negative trait' and I don't think a narcissist would continue to attach themselves to a negatively perceived trait.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I really don't think you would be diagnosed narccicist Elfboy. (BUt as you've already pointed out, only a qualified expert should be helping with this)

Here is my question for ya..

Are you really worried or even open to the possibility that you might be a narcissist?

"a narcissist would never consider the possibility of being narcissist. No matter what he has read. And if he was diagnosed, he really would not care at all. They don't want to change their behavior or 'get help' because they don't believe there's anything wrong with them. If you sincerely are worried or think that you might be a narcissist, you definately are not one."

Narcissists don't usually wake up at 19 and question this. When narcissists DO (if ever) remotely consider the possibility, its because their life is riddled with a staggering amount of failed relations, that they finally begin to question their perception of reality.

Ofcourse theres always an exception, but my gut feeling is that if you were truly a narcissist, with the amount of feedback you've received on this forum, you wouldnt continue to air this. Its clear that the general consensus is 'narcissism is a negative trait' and I don't think a narcissist would continue to attach themselves to a negatively perceived trait.
    actually, I am the opposite of this. I look at personality disorders and think "wow! that's cool!" (I know, immature as hell lol). for instance, after watching Silence of the Lambs, American Psycho and seeing Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds I was like "wow, people with anti social personality disorder are friggin bad ass!"
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Irony, irony everywhere.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

maybe if you knew people irl with the disorders instead of just fictional characters you wouldn't glamorize it so much.