First 123412 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Honestly? I've seen worse. I wonder if you're just a young ENFP with a grandiose idealized self.

You're mildly narcisstic, but I don't about severely --- like I've said, I've seen worse. You seem to be able to admit that you're wrong and have flaws, etc.

I am not convinced that you totally are *not* a narcissist, though, since you believe there's such a thing as "healthy narcissism" and other things you said in the other thread.

That's why I voted mild NPD.

I think you really should talk to a professional, though, honestly. People can think all kinds of things about you on the Internet, bro.

ThatGirl

No but you do remind me of an incredibly prissy cat with a spoiled sense of entitlement at times.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm just trying to determine if he REALLY thinks he's superior, or if he's just being a young ENFP who is like "oh I'm going to do something super special with my life!"

It's just that when I was 19 and thought I was going to do something SUPER SPECIAL with my life, and visualized myself doing AWESOME INCREDIBLE THINGS...I still wanted to help other people. It was never like "oh I can't wait to have the power that I so richly deserve."

That's what I'm trying to determine here. If what you're saying is a form of the same thing...or totally different.

Because in my case, I think I was just young and had dreams that weren't entirely realistic, and I had to have this sort of confidence in order to overcome my past.

Tell me - have you had to overcome anything? Like self-talk yourself that you are special so that you can just have the normal level of confidence to pursue your goals?

Or are you a spoiled, prissy cat? Cuz if you're just a spoiled, prissy cat - you're a narcissist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

I can't say what a narc Elfboy is because I don't know her/him in real life, and her/his tone might change online as to what tone he/she takes in real life, - tone being behavior and apparently more than 50%-90% of it doesn't transmit through text.

So I'm just going to take you as an ENFP and say through my experience with ENFPs that they usually aren't narcs but only when they're values are (in their eyes) violated in some way, or when they really need to let one of their 'stories' out. It gets even worse when they think you're not listening/when you interrupt, because of their drive to be heard as a human being.

“Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.”- Andre Dubus

It's how you view narcissism that's the problem, I think you're really actually viewing your ENFP drive, & ENFP self-esteem as megalomania.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

There's something unconvincing about a person posting a thread asking about whether others think they're a narcissist, and then saying "I really don't care what you think either way."
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

If your thread-making pattern is our only observational basis, your diagnosis does not look good my friend.

However, I know nothing about you apart from this, so I cannot say. I'm going to give your need to verbalize your navel-gazing the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to age, inexperience, and/or exuberance.

Good luck.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what do you think? please answer honestly, I really don't care either way
    as always, feel free to post your reasonings below. have fun
    Edit: PLEASE VOTE!
    You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you.

EDIT: More seriously, this topic might get moved... it's not really about "Other psychological topics" since Elfboy is not a psychological topic in himself (I hope!). I'm just not quite sure what box it goes in.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

self centered, yes, NPD, no.

I feel a certain fondness for you though, you remind me of my 15 yo enfp son, except he is a bit sweeter.

Look inwards first, feel, then look outwards and you'll be fine.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    self centered, yes, NPD, no.

I feel a certain fondness for you though, you remind me of my 15 yo enfp son, except he is a bit sweeter.

Look inwards first, feel, then look outwards and you'll be fine.

Elfboy is a narcissist 19.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx