User Tag List

First 678

Smile A point of explanation

It's not Jack Flack, it's Jack Flak.

For Jack takes the flak for us.

Smile Jack and the Royal Wedding

I was talking to Jack the other night as he was preparing to attend the royal wedding. Really Jack, I said, I didn't know you had any connection with royalty. Yes, said Jack, they have fitted me into Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey. It's true, said Jack, I am the mytho-poetic element of the royal wedding.

An indispensible element, I would have thought, just as you are the indispensible mytho-poetic element on Central, I mused.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Is Jack aware of your man-crush on him?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Smile God save the Queen and the happy couple.

Jack told me he burst into tears as he heard them say, I will, from the Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey.

He said, though, he didn't feel he had just been invited for himself, but also to represent all the members on Central.

He didn't know why he cried. He said he always felt like crying at weddings, but restrained himself, but in the Abbey surrounded by all the great poets, he felt overwhelmed by his own tears. He didn't know who he was crying for, the happy couple, himself or all of us.

But who would have guessed that Jack would carry Central into the heart of Westminster Abbey on such an auspicious occasion?

And Jack finished his conversation with me in uncharacteristic style by saying, God save the Queen and the happy couple.

Ah yes.

Smile Gardeners

I was talking with Jack the other day and he said something very interesting. He said, imagine we are gardeners. Gardeners, I said. Yes, he said, gardeners on Central. But what do we grow, I asked. Jack looked at me as though I were a little dim, and said, why threads, of course. We grow threads.

But how, I said, can we grow threads, how can we best grow threads on Central?

Ah, said Jack, that is the question.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The forum could not handle his cutting insights so he had to be destroyed.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I was talking with Jack the other day and he said something very interesting. He said, imagine we are gardeners. Gardeners, I said. Yes, he said, gardeners on Central. But what do we grow, I asked. Jack looked at me as though I were a little dim, and said, why threads, of course. We grow threads.

But how, I said, can we grow threads, how can we best grow threads on Central?

Ah, said Jack, that is the question.
    Just picturing this conversation makes me laugh. I picture you with your pipe and sweater vest in the park. Jack slumped over, his hands clasped together.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

The Natural and the Supernatural Jack Flak

On the one hand Jack Flak is a natural person but on the other he is a radioactive metaphor with a long half-life.

He burns away at our psyche like the radioactive rods in the Japanese reactors, melting down, right down to our toes. Yes, wriggle your toes and you are feeling Jack Flak, and soon we feel our toes curling as we think of the supernatural Jack Flak. For there is a natural Jack Flak and a supernatural Jack Flak. And he is our Jack, our supernatural Jack Flak. Others have Superman or the Spider while we have Jack Flak.

And how lucky we are that he has such a long half-life, he has returned from permabanning in not one post but in thousands, many of thousands. Jack is now part of the warp and weft of Central.