12 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default The AFLAC duck has died!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/BUSINESS/03/....html?iref=NS1

The Aflac duck lost its voice Monday after the insurance giant fired the comedian behind the commercial quack for tweeting jokes about the earthquake and tsunami that have devastated Japan.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

RIP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Wow, I never knew that was Gilbert Gottfried. He is the most annoying "comedian" on earth. I did like the first few AFLAC commercials, but they started to just get stupid after awhile. Did the company that fired him realize that no one reads Twitter?
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

Sniffles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I wonder how many insurance claims Alfac has been hit with in the last two weeks. Maybe they're cranky...?

(I mean, gee, you hire a comedian of sometimes off-color/brash humor to do your voice, what do you expect?)

@Peguy:

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

They use a puppet to sell insurance. Good riddence.

Great. Now we're stuck with the goat.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtBirwSpLJY"]nah[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You didn't read far enough:

Zuna said Aflac "will immediately set plans in motion to conduct a nationwide casting call to find a new voice of the iconic Aflac Duck."
    The duck lives! He'll just have a new voice.

I think the jokes he made were distasteful, but it kind of upsets me that someone can get fired because of what they say on Twitter. I don't think that's right at all.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think the jokes he made were distasteful, but it kind of upsets me that someone can get fired because of what they say on Twitter. I don't think that's right at all.
    I tend to agree, but it's just reality when your voice is being used to represent a company. Just the same as someone whose appearance/personality is iconic for a particular product, and the company will drop them if they change their look or image or make a broad negative public association for it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I tend to agree, but it's just reality when your voice is being used to represent a company. Just the same as someone whose appearance/personality is iconic for a particular product, and the company will drop them if they change their look or image or make a broad negative public association for it.
    I bet if he were just a regular grunt worker, he wouldn't have gotten fired over this.

It's not so much that they fired him, but that it's pretty obvious that they only fired him because of his fame. If I thought they fired everyone who made a politically incorrect statement, I would have no problem with it...

Of course, the bright side is... since he's famous, someone else is likely to hire him.