Thread: Ask Ivy!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Lightbulb Ask Ivy!

For those of you who are new or uninformed Ivy knows a lot!

Here's your chance to ask her questions that need answers.

I have two.

1.) How can I give eye drop to my children without wresting them to the ground, holding their arms and legs while trying to administer their eyedrops?

2.) I have a skin tag (gross I know) in the armpit region. Are there any home remedy's that will remove it?

PS Please be patient as Ivy is a very busy lady and will get back to you as soon as possible. Her stellar advice is definitely worth the wait!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    So does this mean Ivy knows what the tallest roller coaster in the world is?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

1.) How can I give eye drop to my children without wresting them to the ground holding their arms and legs?

Kid across lap, face up and make them look at the far wall or interesting object opposite you... drop in outside corner.

2.) I have a skin tag (gross I know) in the armpit region. Are there any home remedy's that will remove it?
    Doc needs to look at that... seriously, unless you're the age where they start appearing.

Do you answer techy posting questions? Like how to segment a quote to respond to parts?

I have two.

1.) How can I give eye drop to my children without wresting them to the ground holding their arms and legs?

PS Please be patient as Ivy is a very busy lady and will get back to you as soon as possible. You won't be sorry!
    I am not Ivy, but I can answer #2. I had a skin tag in the same place. I removed it with wart medicine. With daily application, the skin tag went away in about two weeks.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    So does this mean Ivy knows what the tallest roller coaster in the world is?
    Get out.

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I am not Ivy, but I can answer #2. I had a skin tag in the same place. I removed it with wart medicine. With daily application, the skin tag went away in about two weeks.
    Thank you! I'm going to try that. I'd like for it to be gone by the time we go on Vacation in May. My Husband says I'm baking a cooking under my arm. lmao Oh my, hahaha!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have two.

1.) How can I give eye drop to my children without wresting them to the ground, holding their arms and legs while trying to administer their eyedrops?

PS Please be patient as Ivy is a very busy lady and will get back to you as soon as possible. Her stellar advice is definitely worth the wait!
    I'm just a know-it-all. I know it annoys people.

For the eyedrops, the first thing that comes to mind is waiting until they are asleep and then dropping it in their corner eye. Then just kind of pry the eyelids open for a sec and the liquid should go all over the eyeball.

Not sure about the skin tag but I've heard of people tying a string around the bottom of one and it just kind of falls off after a few days. Otherwise I would assume one of those freeze-it-off wart remover kits would work.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ

How do I get my son to take any kind of oral medicine? We've tried everything we could think of, and everything the doctor told us to try, and nothing works. No amount of crushing pills into dust and hiding it into food will do, and diluting syrups into whatever other drink won't work either. He's usually not very discerning about his food, but he's got a 6th sense or something when it comes to detecting poisonous stuff (meds) in what we give him (OK, the fact that we had to give him the food at completely impossible hours was probably a dead giveaway too...) If he even *suspects* we might be trying to poison him, he'll just pointblank refuse even his favourite foods. What can we do, Doctor Ivy?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    How do I get my son to take any kind of oral medicine? We've tried everything we could think of, and everything the doctor told us to try, and nothing works. No amount of crushing pills into dust and hiding it into food will do, and diluting syrups into whatever other drink won't work either. He's usually not very discerning about his food, but he's got a 6th sense or something when it comes to detecting poisonous stuff (meds) in what we give him (OK, the fact that we had to give him the food at completely impossible hours was probably a dead giveaway too...) If he even *suspects* we might be trying to poison him, he'll just pointblank refuse even his favourite foods. What can we do, Doctor Ivy?
    Hmm. What if he gets a choice? Not the choice to take the meds, but something else about it. Like you could buy one of those medicine flavoring kits (I've seen them in Walmart, they have like 5 or 6 tiny bottles of flavorings to mix in with meds) and offer him the choice of which flavor to use. Somehow, I sense you've tried this already or something like it, but that's all I've got.

When I've had to force an unwilling child to take a necessary medicine (which I hate to do, but y'know, if they have to take it they have to take it) a quick puff of air in their face causes a reflexive swallow. So if you can get it in his mouth and then blow a little puff of air in his face, he'll swallow it and he may be so surprised that he forgets to be mad. Not likely, but it could happen! Right?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Doc needs to look at that... seriously,
    Dermatologist has seen it and wants to charge me mucho dinero to remove it.
    unless you're the age where they start appearing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

eye drops: At the daycare I worked at a long time ago, they would lay the little one on the floor and hold both arms together above the child's head to put drops in their eyes. It kept them from moving their head from side to side somehow. I remember trying it on my kids and it working, but I'm not sure it doesn't take two people to do it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers